Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2021 10:18:56 PM EDT
Hello,

I have had an ICOM 7200 in a box for years and finally have taken interest in getting it set up.

Does anyone make a streamlined 1 or 2 spaced rack mount power supply for a nice streamlined rack mounted set up ?

All the power supply's  i have "googled" seem boxy and not designed to really be rack mountable without modification ..|

thanks
bbq.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not get a standard rack mount shelf and/or plate and mount a power supply to it?
Shouldn't be hard to do.  You might have room to also mount an SWR meter or other small equipment next to it.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of, but I bet I could make my own for quite a bit less.  And again it shows there is space to mount other stuff next to the supply.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
https://samlexamerica.com/products/rack-mount-assembly-for-desktop-power-supplies-sec-r2/

Maybe you could rig up a speaker to fit in the unused side to make better use of the rack space.

The 23 is enough for the radio, get the 35 if you want to power other stuff along with it or charge a battery.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the links ! ,, out of those im thinking this one..

https://samlexamerica.com/products/40-amp-rack-mount-power-supply-n1-battery-back-up/

Well i was until i saw the price..lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy my PowerWerx power supplies for what it's worth. They're one of the few that don't look like they were designed in the 70's.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoy my PowerWerx power supplies for what it's worth. They're one of the few that don't look like they were designed in the 70's.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]
SAMLEX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top