Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2021 4:12:02 PM EDT
I tried this in the TX HTF but got nothing. Does anyone have an outfitted there'd recommend for a snow goose conservation season hunt?

I want to stay in TX and have three hunters. I may be able to find more people if necessary.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By BIgDAM:
I tried this in the TX HTF but got nothing. Does anyone have an outfitted there'd recommend for a snow goose conservation season hunt?

I want to stay in TX and have three hunters. I may be able to find more people if necessary.

Thanks for any help.
View Quote

There's not a lot of guides that are working Texas for snows any more.  Just not a consistent enough migration.  
I have a friend that guides for Northern Skies and Roewe Waterfowl, but they mainly target cranes and lesser canadas, then move over to Arkansas to start in on spring snows.
Longneck Outfitters has decent reviews and chases snows in TX.
If you decide to drive to KS, AR, MO, NE, IA, IL, SD or ND, you'll have dozens of great outfitter options and hundreds more poor-decent options.  If you go that route, PM me and I can give you a list of outfitters I know personally or have friends that work/have worked for.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:

There's not a lot of guides that are working Texas for snows any more.  Just not a consistent enough migration.  
I have a friend that guides for Northern Skies and Roewe Waterfowl, but they mainly target cranes and lesser canadas, then move over to Arkansas to start in on spring snows.
If you decide to drive to KS, AR, MO, NE, IA, IL, SD or ND, you'll have dozens of great outfitter options and hundreds more poor-decent options.  If you go that route, PM me and I can give you a list of outfitters I know personally or have friends that work/have worked for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
Originally Posted By BIgDAM:

Thanks for any help.

I greatly appreciate that. I'll send you a PM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top