Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2022 5:10:19 PM EDT
So Alaska is pretty sweet generally speaking but yesterday was a little sweeter as it was my "Black Friday."   NOLS (Northern Outdoor Leadership School) had its annual gear sale.  Basically they sell their used gear at a steep discount, pretty sure I have posted about it before.  I got off work late yesterday after working a shift on the local ambulance so I didn't get there for the real awesome deals I picked up stuff for my family and then went back a couple hours later to look for a couple friends.  Here is the breakdown of what I wound up with:

Osprey Escalante 100 liter x1
Osprey Escalante 70 liter x2
Black Diamond megamid w/ inner tent x1
Black Diamond megamid  w/o inner x2
MH Lamina 20 degree bag x3
MSR Whisperlight Intl x2
Thermarest prolite scout x1 (new)

All of this was purchased for $270.

The tents and packs both came with patches so it isn't pristine in anyway the sleeping bags are actually in really good shape the stoves are sooty and used but look to be serviceable.  The Thermarest was $20 and is brand new in the wrapper.  I plan to get a pic posted later.  Imgur isn't on my phone anymore for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds like a steal.  The stoves alone are worth as much.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the pic of the gear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 1:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akcaribouhunter] [#3]
Nice.

Been a lot of people moving out of down and dumping their outdoor gear.

We have picked up a few things cheap but always a little late to the sales.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Woah! Thats a great deal. Well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top