Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2021 12:24:19 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade our John Deere has his the age where it needs a little of everything fixed pretty much constantly. Inalso want more HP and the boss says its time for a cab. Plus the JD dealer is 1hr + away.

Looked at a new Case Farmall 65A (Case dealer is 20 min away) It seems like it comes with everything we are after for a really good price.

I know older IH, Case IH etc were great machines but all the computer bs worries me. I've been around FPT engines in much larger commercial use and they were great. Added bonus no DEF and no regen.

Any opinions, experiences etc would be great.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a new 75A in December of 2019.  Here's my experiences with it-  https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/case-farmall-75a-review.426762/

Short story- I love it.  Very few things I'd change after almost 200 hours of use.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a new 75A in December of 2019.  Here's my experiences with it-  https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/case-farmall-75a-review.426762/

Short story- I love it.  Very few things I'd change after almost 200 hours of use.  

View Quote

Thanks BPR, great write up. Alot of what you described is exactly what I was looking for. With our current tractor im WOT in 1st gear cutting on hills to keep the pto at 540.  How quiet it is while actually working is also great to hear. Not to mention having amazing  AC!  

I didn't notice the turning radius at the dealer but I also wasn't cranking the wheel like when cutting etc. Our fields are also goofy shapes and hilly. I'll have to go try that out.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't remember where I posted it- but I wonder if part of the complaint I have with turning radius is due to the front tires set to their widest setting.  I have a lot of hills, and figure I'll take all the help I can get- so front and rear tires are wide.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
My current tractor is widened out for the same reason. Uncomfortable angles are an all too common occurrence here lol. There are places I have to get lined up right and cut by driving up and backing down over and over. It sucks but it is what it is.

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
We decided to go with the C purely for the loader capability. We aren't getting any younger and a hay accumulator grapple to round up and load squares from field to wagon. Then unload and stack in the barns atleast on paper sounds way more productive than a kicker into a wagon then dealing with a jumbled sht show to hand stack.

3 month guesstimate for lead time on getting the machine with no actual ETA.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Not directly related. But sorta.

Had the same struggle this year. Was really trying to find a 7420 or 7430 Deere for a decent price, pre emissions.

Easily 60-80k for under 5000 hours.

Looked at Case. Ended up with a 2008 Maxxum Pro 140.  Even with 4300 hours on it, outside of some TLC, it’s been surprising in every way. And it was 30k less than an equal JD.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]
That was our dilemma also Foxtrot. Deere's pricing is in the stratosphere. At the same price point we would have to give up 1 cylinder, the cab, radio, Ac, heat, plus a set of remotes and the 3rd function. Oh and the Deeres are made in india
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top