Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2018 1:45:35 PM EDT
Anyone have a go to article or suggestion for a guy looking to give it a go?
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not very many online resources for Coyote Hunting. I do a good bit of it though. I use a Fox Pro Fusion and have done pretty well. Always play the wind when hunting Coyote's. Know from the get go that for every 10 stands you make you will probably call in 2. I have had much better success at times and much worse at others. Don't turn the sound up to high. Less is more in my opinion. Be very quiet and very still. You are hunting one of the smartest game animals there is. Use good scent control. I use special bodywash and deodorant the morning I am hunting and my hunting garments are kept in Scent Proof bags after they have been washed. When you do call one in make the shot count. Don't educate them. They are smart enough already. This time of year you are most likely going to get them in on Distress sounds. Starting in the spring you will probably start getting them to come in to pup distress. You can buy  a cheap Primo's call if you want to try it before you invest 500 on a Fox Pro. Find someone local who has been hunting for a while and learn from them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Tons of info online.
Just search "coyote hunting.
YouTube, Facebook etc...
I agree with a lot of what the poster above said, with one primary exception..kind of.
Scent control.
You will not fool a canines nose. While scent control is good practice, don't rely on it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
predatormasters.com is the arfcom of predator hunting.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
@granther

This info may be too late, but I wrote this article a while back to cover basic info:
http://ar15hunter.com/prepping-for-predator-hunting/
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Start watching these guys's videos. They are very well-produced, entertainming and extremely helpful. Also, Micah and Garret are very quick to reply to comments and questions. I've hunted coyotes for several years now but have still learned a lot from them.

Hidden Instinct
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the predator masters forums like one guy suggested. Ico Tec makes good electronic calls for decent prices. Check out ed scearys website. Without a doubt the best hand held calls available imo, and he has some really good videos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top