Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 9:57:44 AM EDT
I see that Wise Sales has been out of business for some years now.  They had great prices on Honda generators . Who now on the internet has good prices on Honda and Yamaha generators ?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I have bought some stuff from https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com and have not had any issues with them. Their prices seem competitive but I haven’t been pricing generators lately.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Northerntool is pretty good.  Honestly The local guys have beat online guys for anything with a motor and most replacement parts for me but YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Honda from Northern Tool a couple of years ago.   The experience was less than stellar.   They said that the generator was in stock and that if I ordered it Sunday then I would have it on Tuesday or Wednesday.   I don't remember which.   Anyway, when I still didn't have the generator on Friday I called them and the customer service rep really had an attitude.   She thought that it was ridiculous that I was checking on an order that I placed on Sunday because "they didn't even have the generator yet......"   So much for being in stock.   Anyway, she was more than willing to cancel the order and refund my account in 10 to 15 days.    The generator arrived about ten days later.   I haven't been treated like that in a long time.   Northern Tool wasn't the shipper and that is why they wouldn't immediately credit my account.   The drop shipper may have shipped it anyway.   Typically if the website gives bad dates or other information then the customer service person makes an attempt to satisfy the customer but not in this case.   I haven't ordered from Northern Tool since.   The generator is really nice though.  

The next one that I bought I ordered from Ebay.   That purchase went a lot smoother.    Ebay sellers really seem to work hard to maintain their reputation and that means keeping the buyer happy.  

That is my experience and your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Mayberry's has been around a long time.

https://www.mayberrys.com/
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, check shipping costs before buying, they can be EXTREMELY expensive. Like hundreds of dollars expensive...........

The last generator I bought on line [actually the last 2] were bought because of the free shipping. After that deal was over, I rechecked the actual price paid with shipping and it was over $100 more.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW, check shipping costs before buying, they can be EXTREMELY expensive. Like hundreds of dollars expensive...........

The last generator I bought on line [actually the last 2] were bought because of the free shipping. After that deal was over, I rechecked the actual price paid with shipping and it was over $100 more.
View Quote

I don't know what size generator that you bought but back when I was more involved in logistics at work we used to figure that you couldn't ship a pallet for less than $70.00.   As the weight, size, and distance increased then the price only went up from there.   So assuming that your generator was shipped on a pallet then $100 - $150 in freight charges is reasonable.   Ordering online and pick up in store often negates that issue.    

I have family that live in Alaska and a lot of people in Alaska don't have generators because they are very expensive up there.   A couple of years ago we found out that if you bought things online at Home Depot then you could arrange to pick the item up in any store.   Well we all bought generators for family members at Christmas and arranged for them to pick them up at the local Home Depot.   It ended up being a lot cheaper getting them generators that way.   I wonder if they closed that loophole.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have a local dealer, usually they'll get within a few bucks as long as it's an authorized dealers price.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my Hondas from Acme Tools (no sales tax, in RI anyway), and Northern Tool (got a $100 or $200 gift card for purchasing).
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mayberry's has been around a long time.

https://www.mayberrys.com/
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Honda at Northern Tool with a mil discount is tough to beat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top