Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2020 9:35:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Tried the Southwest Chicken.  It tastes good but the portion is relatively small.  I have a few in my Get Home Bag.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice variety but kind of a sticker shock at those prices
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used a few on some backpacking trips and they're okay.  I actually had them as I was afraid I would run out of fuel (alcohol), but I didn't (of course I could have boiled water over a fire).  Pretty tasty, and easy to heat up and little clean up.  I wouldn't want a pack full of them (because of weight), but a couple help break up the menu.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Their pork hash brown potato is really good.  The price per meal is high and calorie count seems low for what they are.  

I brought several of their meals elk hunting last year.  Seemed like it took a very long time for cold water to activate them.

Decent for car camping or where weight isn't an issue IMO.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I like them. Pro tip, if the little heater thing is not heating just wait longer. Trust me, don't mess with it, just WAIT.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly I'd rather stick with SPAM/Dinty Moore Stew/ETC. Yes it's a can and not a bag, but MUCH cheaper. Personally I'm willing to omit the heat or buy an Esbit to save that extra dough.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Very poor cost to calorie ratio, but they taste good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top