Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 147
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cuttingedge:

We normally combine laying worker colonies with a queen right colony using the “newspaper combine” method. I have also shaken them out before. One thing that I experimented with last year was adding frames of brood (open and capped) and using queen cells in cell protectors. This seemed to work very well.
View Quote
Did the combination work for you? I have read that combining a laying workers hive with a (they did say weak) queenright hive could overwhelm the queenright hive.
I may have a similar situation with a third hive. I'm not sure if it's queenright, but had queen cells last Friday. When I checked on Wednesday, one of the cells was chewed open from the side, indicating a queen was eliminating the unhatched queens. If u don't see brood or eggs in a couple of weeks, I may just combine it with a strong hive since we're running out of time and it's weak. I did add a couple frames and brood just in case.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
We normally combine laying worker colonies with a queen right colony using the “newspaper combine” method. I have also shaken them out before. One thing that I experimented with last year was adding frames of brood (open and capped) and using queen cells in cell protectors. This seemed to work very well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rcav8r:

You probably know this, but the theory is that if eggs are being laid, the hive thinks it's queenright. Get rid of the laying workers (can be more than one),  and in theory they think they are queenless again. There were a couple of hours between dumping and introducing new queens, I'm not clear if that helps clear any pheromones that might be present.
so dumped the hives in other parts of the yard. The workers just crawl around for a day or 2, while the gatherers head back to the hive.
I had a frame of brood/larva from other hives added to each hive also.

I will check on the queens this afternoon and see whats up. I did not remove the cork over candy just in case.
I use the newspaper combine. Works every time.  I add a frame of open brood to the laying worker colony a couple days in advance, too.  Seems to help suppress the culprits.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I removed the corks this morning. Will find out Friday if everything is copatic.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you guys tell me how it’s looking? To my untrained and inexperienced eye, it looks like it’s going pretty well so far.

Link Posted: 7/10/2019 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]
looks good!
Add another box and frames if you haven't already. from what little I can see of the rest of the hive, they're all getting full?
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Both bottom brood boxes are full (they finally started drawing the outside frames) and I saw plenty of eggs and larvae.

I tossed a honey super on a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:34:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#11]
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:
Is there room in the bottom boxes for the queen to lay?

That's just as important as more room for honey.

If they feel like they cannot expand because there is no place for her to lay eggs and thus enlarge the colony, they might get of a mind to swarm. You don't want that.

@cuttingedge do you have advice?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fttam:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Both bottom brood boxes are full (they finally started drawing the outside frames) and I saw plenty of eggs and larvae.

I tossed a honey super on a few weeks ago.
Is there room in the bottom boxes for the queen to lay?

That's just as important as more room for honey.

If they feel like they cannot expand because there is no place for her to lay eggs and thus enlarge the colony, they might get of a mind to swarm. You don't want that.

@cuttingedge do you have advice?
That depends a lot on your management style and what type of bees you have. We run a lot of single brood chamber hives and if you are on top of your game, you can keep them from swarming and produce a lot of honey from a colony that only has 10 brood frames. Some of that is genetics but you have to be in your hives on a strict schedule. I do agree that adding room before it’s needed is key.
Remember that bees don’t see foundation as room for expansion.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 10:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#13]
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 8:25:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cuttingedge] [#14]
Immediate questions, even without thinking on it, are:

~What do you do when the brood box is full? How do you keep them feeling like the queen has room to lay?

We count frames of bees and add room in the form of supers before it’s necessary. This allows them to store incoming nectar in the supers which opens up the brood nest.

~Do you feel that a beekeeper could successfully do this with a package queen from generic "European Honeybee" stock?

Possibly but some of them can be on the swarmy side. Part of our selection criteria for
Breeding is to select for bees that have a lower tendency to swarm and make good use of the available space given. They don’t store too much nectar or honey in the brood box which gives the queen more room to lay.

~What does "on top of your game" mean in this scenario?

Being an active Beekeeper and not a Bee Haver. We go through our colonies on a 7-10 day schedule, find and cage our queens and shake down every frame to make sure that ALL queen cups/ cells are removed. Since our colonies are managed in singles (below a queen excluder) all of the issues that happen will be in that one box which makes working our hives much easier. I have a few friends in Ontario that also manage singles this way and one of them has a great video explaining why it works and how a queen cannot out lay 10 frames.
Check that out here
Why Managing Bee Hives as Single Brood Chambers Works

Here are some of my production hives that are managed as singles. One of them got its 5th super yesterday. If our flow continues, they will get one or two more before we extract.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Immediate questions, even without thinking on it, are:

~What do you do when the brood box is full? How do you keep them feeling like the queen has room to lay?

We count frames of bees and add room in the form of supers before it’s necessary. This allows them to store incoming nectar in the supers which opens up the brood best.

~Do you feel that a beekeeper could successfully do this with a package queen from generic "European Honeybee" stock?

Possibly but some of them can be on the swarmy side. Part of our selection criteria for
Breeding is to select for bees that have a lower tendency to swarm and make good use of the available space given. They don’t store too much nectar or honey in the brood box which gives the queen more room to lay.

~What does "on top of your game" mean in this scenario?

Being an active Beekeeper and not a Bee Haver. We go through our colonies on a 7-10 day schedule, find and cage our queens and shake down every frame to make sure that ALL queen cups/ cells are removed. Since our colonies are managed in singles (below a queen excluder) all of the issues that happen will be in that one box which makes working our hives much easier. I have a few friends in Ontario that also manage singles this way and one of them has a great video explaining why it works and how a queen cannot out lay 10 frames.
Check that out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyNcyVvbEI

Here are some of my production hives that are managed as singles. One of them got its 5th super yesterday. If our flow continues, they will get one or two more before we extract.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/294057/8A727AB0-06D9-42F5-8171-7197D4843D0F-1012902.jpg
View Quote
Great info in here, thank you.

I followed him before I got started, and I was interested in managing a single brood chamber but I chickened out when some more experienced beeks that I know talked me out of it.

Next year I have been planning on expanding to a second hive, and I’ve been thinking about running it as a single and comparing it to my current double brood setup.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Welp, of the 2 backyard hives I requeened with mated queens, it looks like the long lang either killed her off, or she decided to leave. Absolutely no sign of eggs or brood except for the frame I added from another hive. I guess they were NOT OK with her. No laying workers either, at least. At this point, I think I will just paper combine them with the the other hive, which did accept their queen, and is laying.

I did combine one of my weak hives at the other site today too.

I'm 1 for 4 for getting splits to raise their own queen, and even that took a couple of attempts. Maybe part of it due to being a funky year for hives. Lots of folks around here have reported queen/hive issues this spring, possibly due to the frequent rain and cool weather.

Also decided to remove the excluder from my 2 good hives, and added another super for good measure, to get them moving. Even though they had drawn comb in the existing super, they just weren't doing much.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]

I watched part of it and will finish later, but I like the philosophy so far.

Michael Bush was espousing single brood chamber when I first got into beekeeping, but I was scared to try it as a brand new beekeeper, since I figured if something went wrong, I'd have nobody nearby who could diagnose without immediately defaulting to "they need more space."

Very interested in this guy's channel.  Hit subscribe just now.  Very personable and good at explaining.
View Quote
Devan has been a friend of mine for years and is a great beekeeper. He was on the Ontario Bee Tech Transfer Team for a few years and works for NY Bee Wellness.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 11:38:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cuttingedge] [#20]
I’m sure that I have posted this YouTube channel before but they have a bunch of new videos out this season.
If I had to recommend one channel for learning the ins and outs of beekeeping, this would be it...

Here
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
So a question.......

A few weeks ago I tossed a medium super on top of my hive (double brood chamber). During last week’s hive inspection I found that the medium was about 50% drawn with nectar. The brood chambers beneath it looked great (I posted a typical frame a few posts up) and all seemed well.

I did a hive inspection this afternoon and I was surprised that the medium is about 90% drawn with nectar, and they are beginning to cap honey. The box weighs a ton. The brood boxes look great.

The question is this: is there harvestable honey? I’ve heard plenty of times that a new hive shouldn’t be harvested in the first year, and I’m totally fine with leaving them be. But I was curious if there would be enough honey to have even a small harvest of a few frames? The goldenrod is coming in strong, and they seem to be extra busy foraging.

Any input is appreciated
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Put another super under the one they are finishing. As you saw, they can draw and fill pretty fast.

Leaving a super for the winter is really for weaker hives, IMHO.
Although my first year hives died (from the polar vortex) this past winter, they had more than enough stores to get them through the winter.

In fact, now that I think about it, maybe the slow start this spring was too much honey for the new packages (had more than enough filled frames to start new packages and splits)? Interesting thought...

Anyway, I would leave it on until they're something like 95% capped to make sure you don't have too much nectar in anything you harvest. This would be a good time to look into buying a refractometer.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 4:38:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cuttingedge] [#23]
So a question.......

A few weeks ago I tossed a medium super on top of my hive (double brood chamber). During last week’s hive inspection I found that the medium was about 50% drawn with nectar. The brood chambers beneath it looked great (I posted a typical frame a few posts up) and all seemed well.

I did a hive inspection this afternoon and I was surprised that the medium is about 90% drawn with nectar, and they are beginning to cap honey. The box weighs a ton. The brood boxes look great.

The question is this: is there harvestable honey? I’ve heard plenty of times that a new hive shouldn’t be harvested in the first year, and I’m totally fine with leaving them be. But I was curious if there would be enough honey to have even a small harvest of a few frames? The goldenrod is coming in strong, and they seem to be extra busy foraging.

Any input is appreciated
View Quote
In my opinion, you could harvest anything in the supers. They don’t need more than the two brood boxes for winter. Once you remove the super(s) I would start “hefting” your hives in early September and feed 2:1 (heavy) syrup as necessary to get them up to optimal weight. I believe that they winter better on syrup than honey. This is especially true in the Northeast where we have high ash content fall honeys (Aster, Goldenrod, etc.)
Speaking of supers, if they have one 90% full, I would definitely add another. Depending on your preference, you can add it above or below the existing super. This will give them some much needed room and keep the brood nest from being overly congested. If you are using a top entrance, I also advise that you turn it around to have it facing the back of the hive. This helps for two reasons:
1. It provides a little cross ventilation which helps dry your honey a little faster.
2. It prevents the bees from storing as much pollen in the supers.
Hopefully this helps...
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Raining too hard today to check the hives (then it's going to get  too hot), but I did tilt up the top brood box in the yard to see how they're going with the paper combine. I was astonished to see they had completely removed the paper inside the box. I was expecting a bunch of holes or something, but it's completely gone except for whats sticking outside the box.
I just hope they were nicer to the queen there than their own.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#26]
You may have to wail til monday.
Between a surgery that requires no heavy lifting for awhile (recruiting son for that), and the hot weather this weekend, will just have to wait.
>might< get a chance to look at the backyard hive before that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#27]

In my opinion, you could harvest anything in the supers. They don’t need more than the two brood boxes for winter. Once you remove the super(s) I would start “hefting” your hives in early September and feed 2:1 (heavy) syrup as necessary to get them up to optimal weight. I believe that they winter better on syrup than honey. This is especially true in the Northeast where we have high ash content fall honeys (Aster, Goldenrod, etc.)
Speaking of supers, if they have one 90% full, I would definitely add another. Depending on your preference, you can add it above or below the existing super. This will give them some much needed room and keep the brood nest from being overly congested. If you are using a top entrance, I also advise that you turn it around to have it facing the back of the hive. This helps for two reasons:
1. It provides a little cross ventilation which helps dry your honey a little faster.
2. It prevents the bees from storing as much pollen in the supers.
Hopefully this helps...
View Quote
This is extremely helpful, thank you very much!

Also thanks to @rcav8r
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Merged backyard hive not doing well. No sign of queen, a few capped brood, a couple of capped queen cell that may or may not be viable. I don't know if they swarmed, or the assholes from the other hive killed her off. They'll sink or swim with what they have.
Other 3 hives are doing well. The 2 big hives are filling in the supers now, so might have something to harvest this year. Maybe keep it up for goldenrod?
Other merged hive is ok. They're just building for themselves this year. Might be candidate for the medium full of sugar water honey I have.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#30]
A question for the more experienced beekeepers.............

I am located in Central Texas and started with 2 nucs last year.  They wintered well and due to an unusually warm winter and wet spring, both hives got off to a great start in early spring.  Great to the point of swarming but that is what bees do,right? The strongest hive swarmed successively  3X.  Bad news is the original hives de-populated.  Good news is I captured 3 swarms and now have 5 strong hives.

Due to the swarming,  I did not get any honey production in the supers until June.  Greed (and inexperience?) delayed the hive robbing until just this past week.  I wanted as much honey as I could get.

I ended up with 5 gals of amber colored slightly thin honey with a very pronounced taste.  Some taste testers are finding the flavor unpleasant and most note a pronounced lingering after-taste.

My AAR is I waited too long to harvest the honey.   Last rain here was June 30;  I harvested on July 20.  The lack of rain during July is not unusual here.  Once it quit raining the garden and pretty much everything else dried up.  The predominant blooming plants right now are broomweed and bitterweed. My thoughts are I should have harvested mid June and not been so greedy.

Opinions and observations?
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 5:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#31]
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m in Dallas, so it’s only been 2 weeks without rain, but there were some scattered showers today. Wildflowers are still out, but the thought is they dried up as a nectar source when we hit 100 degrees.

Looks like it’s gonna cool off a few days, so who knows. It’s not a typical year. I haven’t seen any snow on the prairie (flowers). I’m hearing honey harvest have been good.

I got tired of wearing my Bee suit and wading in 6 inches of water to check my hives, so I haven’t done much. I just took my 50 gallon sprayer out of the back of my John Deere gator, so hopefully I’ll get out there this week, pull some frames, and get my hives moved up 50 yards to where the ground stays dry year round.

Where are you in Central Texas? My cousin is in Stephenville, he could probably give you more insight. He also keeps bees at my grandmothers farm in West. There is also a Central Texas Beekeepers, Republic of Texas Beekeepers, Texas Beekeepers,  Texas A&M Apriculture pages on Facebook. Great info there, they could probably hook you up with a local club.

If you haven’t figured it out, every beekeeper has a different opinion and think their way is the right way. Don’t get too caught up in that. Just think of them more as livestock or cattle and you’ll do fine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#33]
So I took the advice here and tossed a second d honey super on last night during my bike inspection, but I ran into something that I didn’t expect.......

The honey super is about 90% capped honey now. Looks beautiful, and I’m amazed at how fast they drew it out and capped it.

When I pried off the super and queen excluder and got into the top brood box, I was totally surprised to find that the entire top brood box was now honey. Total honey. No brood. Honey.

So I pried it off to get into the bottom brood box and the moment that I did all hell broke loose (my work phone started ringing off the hook and that’s when I noticed that my pool filter tarted spraying water ten feet into the air when a hose broke). Damn! I looked in quick and saw capped brood in the bottom box, but I only pulled a couple frames and had to close it all up quick. I tossed the second honey super on (underneath the existing honey super) and wrapped it up for the night.

I know that I need to get back in and find the queen and look for eggs, but I’m leaving town tonight for a long weekend. Should I be worried?
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#34]
So I took the advice here and tossed a second d honey super on last night during my bike inspection, but I ran into something that I didn’t expect.......

The honey super is about 90% capped honey now. Looks beautiful, and I’m amazed at how fast they drew it out and capped it.

When I pried off the super and queen excluder and got into the top brood box, I was totally surprised to find that the entire top brood box was now honey. Total honey. No brood. Honey.

So I pried it off to get into the bottom brood box and the moment that I did all hell broke loose (my work phone started ringing off the hook and that’s when I noticed that my pool filter tarted spraying water ten feet into the air when a hose broke). Damn! I looked in quick and saw capped brood in the bottom box, but I only pulled a couple frames and had to close it all up quick. I tossed the second honey super on (underneath the existing honey super) and wrapped it up for the night.

I know that I need to get back in and find the queen and look for eggs, but I’m leaving town tonight for a long weekend. Should I be worried? https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/287916/0509FEB2-A4F6-4F94-A0B9-074380DE81A9-1029692.jpg
View Quote
You don't need to find the queen, you just need to find larva or eggs. Putting another super on was a good move.
That should hold them for the weekend, but don't be surprised if you think you might need another super. They can move pretty fast sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Agreed.  Come back Monday prepared to put on another super.

Good move putting it below the full one.

Excellent.
View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 12:33:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I think it does make sense, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Reality check.

A local beekeeper told me that the queen knows what kind of egg to lay according to the size of the cell she's led to. If it's a "regular" sized cell she lays a worker; if it's a larger cell, she lays an unfertilized drone cell.

I've told this to several people. Is it true or was he FOS?
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Reality check.

A local beekeeper told me that the queen knows what kind of egg to lay according to the size of the cell she's led to. If it's a "regular" sized cell she lays a worker; if it's a larger cell, she lays an unfertilized drone cell.

I've told this to several people. Is it true or was he FOS?
View Quote
I thought the egg was the same, but the cell configuration tells the workers how to raise it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#41]
The queen does know.

check out "green drone comb". Plastic frames with LARGE plastic cell foundation. Intentionally made green to make it stand out from other frames (for the beekeeper). The queen will will intentionally lay drones on this stuff because of the large cells.
The idea of the drone comb is pest management. Mites have a preference for drones, since they take the longest to emerge at 26 days, gives them more time to reproduce. Once the frame is full of drones, or every 2 weeks, whichever comes first, you take that frame out and chuck it in the freezer, putting another drone frame in that box in either the 3rd or 8th slot, alternating between the 2 spots. When it's time to switch them out again, you take the frozen frame, scratch the caps so the bees clean them out, and switch them. You don't really need the drones (queen will try to mate with other drones for genetic diversity), and the queen will lay drones in other spots anyways.

But to get back to your question, the cell size does matter. The queen CAN lay drones in smaller cells, but she'll put them in larger over if she can.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Ah- unfertilized (haploid) eggs make drones, but fertilized eggs make workers (or new queens).  The queen has to know to lay drones in drone comb.  I have learned something new today!
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:51:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kitties-with-Sigs] [#43]
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#45]
For a.plot twist, the bees can decide to raise a queen on their own. As long as it's a egg 1-3 days old, they can transform it into a queen cell and feed of royal jelly. This where emergency queen cells come in. The queen is missing,.or they feel she's underperforming, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#46]
For a.plot twist, the bees can decide to raise a queen on their own. As long as it's a egg 1-3 days old, they can transform it into a queen cell and feed of royal jelly. This where emergency queen cells come in. The queen is missing,.or they feel she's underperforming, etc.
View Quote
I find the complexity of bee behavior fascinating.  I knew about emergency queen cells, as that is why walk-away splits work, but I’m still wrapping my head around a queen intentionally laying in a queen cell. It only makes sense to me for pre- swarm prep.

Not that the bees care if I understand them!  
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 7:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cuttingedge] [#47]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
I find the complexity of bee behavior fascinating.  I knew about emergency queen cells, as that is why walk-away splits work, but I’m still wrapping my head around a queen intentionally laying in a queen cell. It only makes sense to me for pre- swarm prep.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Supersedure queens are not developed under ideal conditions. They are considered inferior and are often times superseded again shortly after they start laying.
Larvae between the ages of 1-3 days old are bipotent meaning that they can either become workers or queens depending on their diet of Royal Jelly. When a colony makes a new queen under emergency conditions, they very often choose the oldest larvae (2-3 days old) to start the process because they are in a hurry to make a replacement. This older larvae is not fed royal jelly for the duration of its pupal stage. Even if they choose to make a second option out of younger larvae, the oldest larvae will always hatch out first and kill its sister(s) leaving the colony with an inferior queen. This is why I am a strong advocate of requeening your colonies either with a cell or mated queen from a reputable source. Queen breeders produce cells under ideal conditions which equals better developed queens that will almost always outperform those developed under supersedure conditions. This is a great opportunity to improve the genetics in your colonies. Something else to consider is the dilution of your genetics in concurrent generations as well as loss of trait/ behavior stability.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Somehow just discovered this thread today...ashamed of myself.

But, I have been wondering, how many of y'all (us?) have an observation hive going somewhere? (Not talking about a glass box with bees in it, I mean an actual growing colony, managed and observed throughout the seasons.)
I currently have 2, a 2 medium frame that sits on my kitchen windowsill, and another 4 medium frame in the living room. I will get some pics soon.

I recommend it wholeheartedly, as I have been able to observe so many thing I either never heard of, heard of but otherwise never saw, proved things wrong that I was sure of, or proved things true I had heard were false.
Page / 147
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top