Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no reason to email the guy when your issues have already been clearly documented by others on the github issues log...
View Quote

He said shoot him a email in the YT video.

Im just pissed my JS8 didnt come with a free 7300. I need to send him a msg. lol

On a better note. I finally after many hours yesterday got JS8 and WSJTx back running in the shack after the computer failure. Bad thing is I lost all my setting and grids on grid tracker.

I think I can import my call log into grid tracker so hopefully get that fixed today.

Just a PSA back your settings and information up guys daily or weekly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There was a "Youtubers Hamfest" today that had a lot of folks from the ham radio community giving informative lectures and online Q&A - good info from people like Packtenna, Bioenno power, DX Commander, Youth On The Air, ARRL, SDR Play, etc. etc. Jordan, the JS8call guy was one of them.

So if you would have actually watched the video you would have picked up on this and taken note that it's not actually a 2hr video talking about minor version release notes....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There was a "Youtubers Hamfest" today that had a lot of folks from the ham radio community giving informative lectures and online Q&A - good info from people like Packtenna, Bioenno power, DX Commander, Youth On The Air, ARRL, SDR Play, etc. etc. Jordan, the JS8call guy was one of them.

So if you would have actually watched the video you would have picked up on this and taken note that it's not actually a 2hr video talking about minor version release notes....
Watching 2 hour videos to obtain 2 minutes of worthwhile information is not my thing. However, I did invest about 5 minutes to see what was what.

TLDR:

First 30 minutes is a Heil commercial starring Bob Heil. I actually spent 4 of my 5 minutes on this. I could not believe what I was hearing. Bob's idea of great audio sounded terrible. His attempt to make fun of those who actually do have great audio was laughably exaggerated to the extent it was pathetic. And then he fired up his PR40, the "ultimate" microphone, and immediately had audio that he had just spent 20 minutes telling you was wrong. Ridiculous.

The second 30 minutes was about JS8. About two minutes of that are the three new features: "Ultra" mode, 60WPM (which may or may not be in the next release), automatic time sync (optional, for use when you have no better way), and improved decoding.

I didn't watch the remaining parts of video.

Edited to add: and let there be no more whiny bitching from anyone about what you don't like about the software until you have actually emailed Jordan and asked about getting whatever it is you don't like fixed. The software is still in the "wet cement" stage and Jordan is actually pretty receptive to constructive feedback and has made a lot of changes based on community feedback. There is a JS8call Groups.io forum where you can find a lot more additional info and see all the various software revisions and feedback from other users. If there's something you don't like, there's a good chance other users are having a similar experience, so go start a conversation and see if Jordan can make changes. Considering the guy has done this all for free in his spare time over the last couple years, I'm not exactly sure how we can bitch and moan about it not doing XYZ when we haven't contributed a thing to it's development. I like using JS8call and find that it has its practical uses, and I also recognize some shortcomings so I'm not a blind fanboi. Jordan has released the API for the software so if anyone thinks they have all the answers to fixing it, go right ahead and make the changes and let us know when you're done.
Actually, Jordan is very picky about what he puts in and doesn't. Jordan is not an "all about options" kind of guy. He wants you using the mode the way he thinks it should be used, and will not add any feature that violates his vision and philosophy of how the mode should work. The absolute best case in point: automatic deselect after a transmission or time delay. Everyone I know wants it, but so far no joy. Maybe Jordan will crack on this eventually. Also, his support for group calls is quite poor on purpose, not because the changes are difficult (he can reuse the ALLCALL code), so the mode winds up being very difficult to use for nets unless the net moves completely off of the sub-band. A third biggie is that the ability to monitor all of the conversations on the sub-band is quite difficult the way they are displayed and made intentionally that way. Jordan only likes point-to-point comm's. There are many other examples.

I was an early adopter and used to send email, then switched to the issue tracking system when it got set up. I've since given up lobbying for any new features. I do wish I was a software engineer as the entire codebase, not just the API is published. Alas, I am not, so all I can do is whine
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Watching 2 hour videos to obtain 2 minutes of worthwhile information is not my thing. However, I did invest about 5 minutes to see what was what.

TLDR:

First 30 minutes is a Heil commercial starring Bob Heil. I actually spent 4 of my 5 minutes on this. I could not believe what I was hearing. Bob's idea of great audio sounded terrible. His attempt to make fun of those who actually do have great audio was laughably exaggerated to the extent it was pathetic. And then he fired up his PR40, the "ultimate" microphone, and immediately had audio that he had just spent 20 minutes telling you was wrong. Ridiculous.

The second 30 minutes was about JS8. About two minutes of that are the three new features: "Ultra" mode, 60WPM (which may or may not be in the next release), automatic time sync (optional, for use when you have no better way), and improved decoding.

I didn't watch the remaining parts of video.

Actually, Jordan is very picky about what he puts in and doesn't. Jordan is not an "all about options" kind of guy. He wants you using the mode the way he thinks it should be used, and will not add any feature that violates his vision and philosophy of how the mode should work. The absolute best case in point: automatic deselect after a transmission or time delay. Everyone I know wants it, but so far no joy. Maybe Jordan will crack on this eventually. Also, his support for group calls is quite poor on purpose, not because the changes are difficult (he can reuse the ALLCALL code), so the mode winds up being very difficult to use for nets unless the net moves completely off of the sub-band. A third biggie is that the ability to monitor all of the conversations on the sub-band is quite difficult the way they are displayed and made intentionally that way. Jordan only likes point-to-point comm's. There are many other examples.

I was an early adopter and used to send email, then switched to the issue tracking system when it got set up. I've since given up lobbying for any new features. I do wish I was a software engineer as the entire codebase, not just the API is published. Alas, I am not, so all I can do is whine
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
@Nmbmxer
@simplescout

Got yalls message the other day and sent a reply to both I think, I know to at least Nmbmxer  .

Still having to set everything back up the way I liked it on the new PC.

But still planning on doing the net again Thursday, it will be exactly the same except with the addition of 20M.

Thinking of letting 80M run as late as we can so 11:00 UTC and then switching to 20M at 11:01and running 20M till 7:00pm UTC then back to 40M at 7:01UTC till 2:00UTC then back to 80m.

will look like the following

80M 3.578   02:01-11:00UTC
20M 14.078  11:01- 19:00UTC
40M  7.078   19:01-02:00UTC

Also a link for folks like me who have never used UTC. lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Just a heads up Thursday is not looking good for me due to thunderstorms. Will play it hour by hour.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Our 2nd JS8 net is on.

It will officially start after the digital guard net has concluded so 10:00pm est 5/27.

Net frequencies and times

Net question first radio & first firearm you shot.

Tomorrow for me is going to be spotty when the thunderstorms start rolling thru. This will be a great chance to use the stored messages feature.

Start by sending @arfcoms SNR?

See who is the strongest and then the store message command with the answer for me to retrieve.

I will be querying msg throughout the day to retrieve the answers.  

You can also send the answer direct as well.

If you are new and would like to participate send me a pm with your call sign and I will give you mine. The goal is to send or relay the answer to the weekly question to me as the net control / finial destination.

Good luck and have fun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
SO far have one 2 on the board on 20M via a stored msg.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]
And I am done off to relax now

PS on second question, I was too young to know what the first gun was but we did just last week dig out the single shot .22 I bought for my daughter when she was 7 to get started with the grand-daughter who is almost 5.

JLE
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And I am done off to relax now

PS on second question, I was too young to know what the first gun was but we did just last week dig out the single shot .22 I bought for my daughter when she was 7 to get started with the grand-daughter who is almost 5.

JLE
View Quote

Thats great I have a CZ 452 scout that I bought for my daughters to learn on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Loud up here tonight----really LOUD!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my message through on 40M direct to swampfoxoutdoors no problem. Left a "MSG", too (as of a few minutes before this posting).

I sent an @ARFCOM SNR? and got the following replies:

lucas21
SimpleScout
NAM
and a station I don't have in my arfham database ***VXN ??? -- send me a PM with your screen name, please.

Of course, and as usual, after several tries I still don't get back a response to my @ARFCOM group call from swampfoxoutdoors. Does anyone else get back a group call response from him?

Everyone had SNRs above 0dB. Good band conditions tonight.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got my message through on 40M direct to swampfoxoutdoors no problem. Left a "MSG", too (as of a few minutes before this posting).

I sent an @ARFCOM SNR? and got the following replies:

lucas21
SimpleScout
NAM
and a station I don't have in my arfham database ***VXN ??? -- send me a PM with your screen name, please.

Of course, and as usual, after several tries I still don't get back a response to my @ARFCOM group call from swampfoxoutdoors. Does anyone else get back a group call response from him?

Everyone had SNRs above 0dB. Good band conditions tonight.
View Quote

I guess your setup just can’t hear I replied back to you.

Attachment Attached File

Also auto shift to 80m now. No longer on 40.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess your setup just can’t hear I replied back to you.
View Quote

I sent you an SNR? No reply.

I sent you an INFO? Got a perfect reply.

I got your message about having received my message.

All the replies I got from you had very good, above 0dB, SNR.

My HB generate a ton of replies.

My @ARFCOM group calls had consistent replies from the stations identified above.

You are the only station that I receive inconsistently.

I'd still like to know if anyone else issued an @ARFCOM SNR? call and received a reply from you.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Just looked thru and answered your @arfcom request I know 2 times. And of course as usual I tell you every time yes I have @arfcoms and yes I have auto on and yes I have ack on. In this photo it also shows me responding to your snr?.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My @ARFCOM group calls had consistent replies from the stations identified above.

I'd still like to know if anyone else issued an @ARFCOM SNR? call and received a reply from you.

View Quote

It could be that some of your @ calls are when I’m responding to someone else or interacting with other hams. When you were @ me up I was actually trying to decode and work 3 other stations and log them.

Update: will give the check in list tomorrow morning. So plenty of time to check in on 80m.

Y’all have fun. 73 for now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:41:01 PM EDT
[#16]
80m is dead out west
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

All right this is what I have, sorry if I missed anyone. Went to check 80M this morning and for some reason all of my RX history did not display. I know Bluedog hit me with a @arfcoms before going to bed and got a ack. But it did not show anything in the history.

The below are 100% decode either via Relay, stored on another station or direct.

Simplescout Yeasu VX-1 Marlin 81 TS 22.
Racsan VX-5 too young to remember
Mach CS108G 38SW
Nmbmxer IC-2GAT 22S&W revolver
SC wolverine Wouxun UV2D sears 410
Bluedog TS-520 & 22LR
AA777 FT817 & Random 22

Stations that I did see but did not get a answer from was

NAM (think you were trying right when I auto changed to 80M)
Lucas21 (need to look back and double check for your answer could of swore I seen it)  

Yesterday was a bit hectic for me and did not get to set in front of the radio as much as I like. Also my station is still not 100% up and running after the main computer failure. I have no monitor and have to remote in on a chrome book and play radio. Hopefully by next week I will have all the kinks worked out.

Stay tuned may do something a little different next week. Want to keep this fresh and fun so we call all learn more about JS8.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got replies to @arfcom snr? from Swampfoxoutdoors on both 40 & 80m.  I didn’t get one the first time  (I think he was in qso with someone), but he replied to the other two I sent.  No problems receiving him.

I sent one message to him via relay through another zero station and then a direct one once I knew he could hear me.

Thanks SFO for your effort with this
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I am still learning JS8Call ( have not read the instructions ) but i think I like it. It is not as boring as FT8 because you can really have a QSO with a weak signal.

For some reason JS8Call does not fill in the band and freq into my logging program like FT8 does. I don't know if it is a setting issue or it just can't do it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am still learning JS8Call ( have not read the instructions ) but i think I like it. It is not as boring as FT8 because you can really have a QSO with a weak signal.

For some reason JS8Call does not fill in the band and freq into my logging program like FT8 does. I don't know if it is a setting issue or it just can't do it.
View Quote

Which program are you using?

Heard some guys in the repeater complaining about HRD not doing FT8 correctly the other day .
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Heard some guys in the repeater complaining about HRD not doing FT8 correctly the other day .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

n3fjp
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking forward to trying this with you all.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Alright this weeks check in will be a little different.

Instead of everyone trying to relay a message to me. The goal this week is for each station to see how many other stations they can make contact with using the @arfcoms command per band.

Example:

80m 5
40m 8
20m 2

If a ack is received by the same station on every band you can count that contact on each band you able to hear the station on.

Once the 24hr cycle is over PM me with your count per band no callsigns needed and I will list them all in the Net Results post to see who could hear the most.

So get out there and light up JS8CALL with @arfcom SNR commands or other auto reply commands.

Main thing have fun!
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/7AF61B77-379E-4560-8F3F-663B0DAFE122_jpe-1445877.JPG

Instead of everyone trying to relay a message to me. The goal this week is for each station to see how many other stations they can make contact with using the @arfcoms command per band.

Example:

80m 5
40m 8
20m 2

If a ack is received by the same station on every band you can count that contact on each band you able to hear the station on.

Once the 24hr cycle is over PM me with your count per band no callsigns needed and I will list them all in the Net Results post to see who could hear the most.

So get out there and light up JS8CALL with @arfcom SNR commands or other auto reply commands.

Main thing have fun!
View Quote

I'll be on when I get off work, had to turn off my radio stuff, garage got too hot yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'll be on when I get off work, had to turn off my radio stuff, garage got too hot yesterday.
View Quote

Good thing is you got all day and if you wait till evening you still get a chance at 2 bands 40 & 80.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Had the station up and running unattended most of the afternoon on 40M.

So far responded to an @ARFCOM group call from: Nmbmxer, swampfoxoutdoors, SCWolverine and Mach.

I had the same four stations respond to my group call. It took three straight tries but I did get a response from you, swampfoxoutdoors! Everyone else on the first try.

I know some of you would like to try relays, but I think it would be better to use the arfcom freq's and keep the windows a bit quieter. I have been using the built in log feature to add people's screen names to their calls, though. It makes it a lot easier to see when one of you pops up on the "heard" list. Please ignore the "7077.900", I accidentally bumped the VFO control right before I took the screen shot

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#27]
On 20, picked up a couple on the EL19XW WebSDR.

Just switched to 40.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Had the station up and running unattended most of the afternoon on 40M.

So far responded to an @ARFCOM group call from: Nmbmxer, swampfoxoutdoors, SCWolverine and Mach.

I had the same four stations respond to my group call. It took three straight tries but I did get a response from you, swampfoxoutdoors! Everyone else on the first try.

I know some of you would like to try relays, but I think it would be better to use the arfcom freq's and keep the windows a bit quieter. I have been using the built in log feature to add people's screen names to their calls, though. It makes it a lot easier to see when one of you pops up on the "heard" list. Please ignore the "7077.900", I accidentally bumped the VFO control right before I took the screen shot

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/16697/Capture_JPG-1446968.JPG
View Quote

Yeah I know one time you hit me with a SNR and I was in the middle of selecting someone to type something too so it didnt answer you. Throughout the day I have answered your pings from -15 to 00 I think.

Wish JS8 would remember commands and after a qso answer those commands within a time widow. Like in the above instance reply to you after I deselected the other station within 5-10min of receiving the last command from your station.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I got 2 stations on 20 and 4 on 40m. I'm calling it for myself this week -- my automatic car charger is QRMing my radio to death and I can barely hear anything. Car needs charged more than net needs netting...
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#30]
On 40, picked up 9 on the EL19XW WebSDR.

Just switched to 80.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Got 2 on 40m, forgot to turn on auto when switched to 80m. had to turn off radio over 110 in the garage.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:28:28 AM EDT
[#32]
On 80, picked up 1 on the EL19XW WebSDR.

Switched back to 40.

Nothing, quit.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#33]
I got too tired for 80m and went to bed, but got 4 on 20m and 2 on 40m
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I got three on 20m and six on 40m, eight different stations.  Did not try 80m.  Signals were good here, most between -5 and +5.

Left the station on most of the day, shut it down for a while when I took my kid to trap due to some possible thunderstorms passing through.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Alright here are the results I have thus far.

If I have missed anyone shoot me a PM with your number and I will update the below. I know I seen K9bob and SCwolverine but dont have there numbers.

Thanks for all who participated. Got to have a bit of a rag chew with sladekal last night GA to AZ on 25W pretty cool. May have to try QRP next week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#36]
N6ATF is claiming at least 9 unique arfcom call signs, but there are only 8 listed, and he can't count himself and I know he didn't work me. So that means there are at least three screen names unaccounted for/who didn't report.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#37]
What if next week we add our screen names to (or instead of to make it faster) the station info and instead of collecting SNR's we use the QTC? command and collect screen names. I know I worked two stations that aren't on my list of screen names.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What if next week we add our screen names to (or instead of to make it faster) the station info and instead of collecting SNR's we use the QTC? command and collect screen names. I know I worked two stations that aren't on my list of screen names.
View Quote

yeah I think I have my screen name in my INFO section so if someone gives me the info? command they will get FT891 25w OCFD Swampfoxoutdoors NEGA I think.

But yes I do encourage everyone to include screen name or AR15 in the info tab.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
N6ATF is claiming at least 9 unique arfcom call signs, but there are only 8 listed, and he can't count himself and I know he didn't work me. So that means there are at least three screen names unaccounted for/who didn't report.
View Quote

I was only SWL, listing what I was decoding on that WebSDR, nobody would have decoded me. I added the @ARFCOM group under callsigns, and swear I counted 9 as the number of sender callsigns that appeared when I had that group selected & JS8call switched to 7078 to match the WebSDR dial (when I switched bands on JS8call/WebSDR, it only showed the group directed messages from the current band).

Trying to figure out how I counted 9 in that yellow buffer box for 7078, since it was empty when I reopened JS8call. Was it because people who didn't use the @ARFCOM yesterday were responding to those who did use the @ARFCOM for "SNR?" Seems like there would be more than 2 extras if that was the case.

Text-searching through DIRECTED.TXT, I see 7 calls that TX'd @ARFCOM to 7078 yesterday.

+1 callsign that TX'd @ARFCOM on 7078 last month, but despite TXing on 7078 yesterday, they didn't also @ARFCOM on 7078 yesterday
+1 callsign that TX'd @ARFCOM on 14.078 yesterday but despite also TXing on 7078 yesterday, they didn't also @ARFCOM on 7078 yesterday

The first of those gave 2 SNR reports to the second on 7078 but I didn't decode the second responding in kind.

Sorry if I JS8 noobed it up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#40]
@N6ATF How are you looping the audio from the websdr into JS8Call? I was messing around earlier with Virtual Audio Cable to listen to myself on FT8 using the Fldigi waterfall but it was a challenge.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@N6ATF How are you looping the audio from the websdr into JS8Call? I was messing around earlier with Virtual Audio Cable to listen to myself on FT8 using the Fldigi waterfall but it was a challenge.
View Quote

I have my Mac Mini audio out go into my Behringer MX602A RCA/tape in, then I have its RCA/tape out go to my Mac Mini audio in. Hit the 2TK TO MIX switch & get a loop without feedback squeal. I would do this with Soundflower but I'm not sure how to have a specific browser tab's audio go to Soundflower, and the other tabs' audio go to audio out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/7AF61B77-379E-4560-8F3F-663B0DAFE122_jpe-1445877.JPG

Example:

80m 5
40m 8
20m 2

Main thing have fun!
View Quote

I missed this post in the scroll........is there a way to put the weeks assignment in the OP or maybe even bold the post?  I heard a few stations, took no notes. srry guys
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I missed this post in the scroll........is there a way to put the weeks assignment in the OP or maybe even bold the post?  I heard a few stations, took no notes. srry guys
View Quote

Can you open your log .txt files & text search for "@arfcom"?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I try to mark the weekly net goals or challenge with the JS8 net photo thinking guys scrolling down will catch there eye. Same way with the net results. I guess I could update the top line of OP.

Maybe a chick in a bikini for the image next time? Lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have my Mac Mini audio out go into my Behringer MX602A RCA/tape in, then I have its RCA/tape out go to my Mac Mini audio in. Hit the 2TK TO MIX switch & get a loop without feedback squeal. I would do this with Soundflower but I'm not sure how to have a specific browser tab's audio go to Soundflower, and the other tabs' audio go to audio out.
View Quote

VB Audio Cable is an option for virtual   interfacing of audio... https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

VB Audio Cable is an option for virtual   interfacing of audio... https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/
View Quote
That's the driver I tried. It did loop the audio, I just had to set the input and output to single digits to not overload fldigis waterfall. It didn't seem to track the websdr very well. Probably more of an issue of using fldigi instead of a more appropriate program for getting a waterfall.

I made a 10m FT8 contact about 3 air miles away and both of our signals looked so bad we independently emailed screenshots to each other. They were wide with huge side bands. His signal took up 1/4 of the waterfall in WSJT-X if you included the side bands and the main signal was twice as wide as it should have been. I wanted to make sure my signal didn't look like that all the time, hence the websdr questions.

None of that has anything to do with JS8Call so I'll stop derailing the thread now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#47]
My entire station is virtualized and SDR based. Other than speakers and a microphone, both attached to my PC, I don't have a single, physical audio cable in the entire station. I use Voicemeeter Potato to route audio between all of the software (Thetis, Fldigi, WSJT-X, JS8Call, etc.) and the mic and speakers. It is the most fabulous, free, and weirdly named virtual audio mixing console there is. Highly recommended!

If you want to play with it and have trouble getting it going, you could start a new thread to discuss...
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

Alright guys, this weeks goal to to check in via QRP. State what wattage you are running. It is preferred that you try to leave a message in my inbox if trying to reach me. As always if you are new and do not have my callsign PM me with yours and I will supply mine. If I can not be reached via qrp leave a message with any arfcomer that you can reach. Leave a msg with the reachable station detailing the status of wattage you are running and screen name if possible.

If anyone sees a fellow member come across there stations waterfall just shoot me a PM and I will add them to the check list such as.
Swampfox 5w via SCwolverine 80m

Check in will be on the normal JS8 frequencies that auto change. 80 20 40.

It will officially start after the digital guard net has concluded so 10:00pm est 6/10.

Net frequencies and times

Good luck and lets see if we can make some contacts via QRP!.

How low can you go?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Whoever is ***SEL please PM me with your screen name. I do not have it in my database.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#50]
@swampfoxoutdoors

Sent you messages in "normal" mode at 10W, 5W and 1W on 40M

Got back automated responses to an SNR? message at each power level. At 1W you reported my SNR at -15. 1W is as low as I can go, so there is still some margin.

I noticed that you appear to be in "slow" mode.

QRT at this time.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top