Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 9:51:15 PM EDT

I realize that as a grown man i dont really need an excuse to purchase new gear,  - and while i like Oakley as a brand due to their Motocross and BMX origins - i admit the Kitchen Sink backpack does not exactly look "Gray MAn" for a BOB ---   and for me a BOB just means a way to consolidate all my shit into one area,  -- but  has anyone tried one of these

I was just looking at their website as i just became aware of their deep discounts for veterans and first responders and was just looking for some retail therapy i guess,  but the bag looked potentially useful.

Also would like to pass on the fact that they do offer discounts ---  the bag retails for $225 and my cost is $130 through their OSI program which looks to be open to almost all vets and first responders.      More duty specific stuff is discounted deeper, but they even cut the cost a bit on other more recreational oriented stuff
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my supervisors has one, he seems to enjoy it, but he's just carrying his lunch, laptop, and personal effects in it from post to post. I thought it was odd looking with the 3 "hook" type things on it, but he rides a crotch rocket so I figured it was some special kind of attachment to hook your helmet through or something.

Without an internal frame I wouldn't want to try to carry much weight in any kind of backpack. As a backpack it's cool, but I wouldn't want to carry more than 20-25 pounds in it for a long time, and even that might be pushing it comfort wise with no kind of stiffener in it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked-up that backpack and it's ugly AF to me. If you like it, buy it. Personally, I'd go for a Mystery Ranch assault pack.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. (Greenish blue camo)
Work exceptionally well.
It’s not greyman, but It has enough Oakley embellishment to not look too tactic cool.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys'

I know its tough to make recommendations for other people sometimes --    I went ahead and ordered the bag.    That said, my primary use for it is not meant for actual packing --- i want to keep it safe and sound under the hard bed cover of my truck for the majority of its life - but still have the ability to pack out if its ever needed.   Another potential use for me would be to lash it to the "bitch bar" of my motorcycle and just use it as a travel bag for those occasional 3 day cruises

I'll try to remember to do a quick "gear review" with pics - it'll probably be here in about a week
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one that I got a nice deal on a few years back during one of their Christmas sales. It's ok for what it is and I have always felt it is a bit heavier than it should be. I use my old canvas Oakley bag more for the gym , airport , and light travel than the kitchen sink.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Just got it in the mail yesterday  ---  i havent started in on trying to outfit it yet, but it seems smaller than i anticipated
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top