Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2019 5:44:30 PM EDT
How much wiggle room on the price does new tractors have when purchasing from a dealer?

I'm looking at a Kubota L2501HST.

Quoted a little shy of $22k OTD with forks and the 525 FEL.

Kubota does have another promotion going on for the L2501, but that is the non-HST.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My thread HERE

Here's how it all went down:

"OK, here's how it all went down.
I ended up getting the BX2380RV60.
4WD, Quick attach FEL, R4 Tires, Accessory valve for grapple in future and finishing deck.
Kubota gives veterans $200 off for being a member of the Farmer Veteran Coalition which is free to join.
If you already have an ID.me account it takes seconds to join. Both are free.
I took the 60 months nothing down and no interest. Doing this incurred Kubota insurance, which I hadn't thought about. I believe it is about $1300.
All included, fees, set-up, insurance, etc, it was $18223.70 out the door.
It's a very nice machine. I really liked that you can remove and attach the FEL with out getting out of the seat. "
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a brand new Kubota MX 5200 with a loader ,bush hog, box blade, and forks two years ago. Shopped three different Kubota dealerships in my area and they all were within a couple hundred dollars of each. Kubota doesn't have to negotiate much on price they are the premium tractor these days. One thing I would suggest because I didn't have enough money left over to buy a trailer , I told the dealer I bought from this and made him to agree to come pick up and deliver my tractor for any needed service for as long as I own it. He just smiled and said sure. He's already come out to get it twice already , no trouble. And FYI, a trailer was going to be another 4 grand. I was right at $34,000 out the door
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My thread HERE

Here's how it all went down:

"OK, here's how it all went down.
I ended up getting the BX2380RV60.
4WD, Quick attach FEL, R4 Tires, Accessory valve for grapple in future and finishing deck.
Kubota gives veterans $200 off for being a member of the Farmer Veteran Coalition which is free to join.
If you already have an ID.me account it takes seconds to join. Both are free.
I took the 60 months nothing down and no interest. Doing this incurred Kubota insurance, which I hadn't thought about. I believe it is about $1300.
All included, fees, set-up, insurance, etc, it was $18223.70 out the door.
It's a very nice machine. I really liked that you can remove and attach the FEL with out getting out of the seat. "
View Quote
I've read that the Kubota insurance is mandatory with financing, but also pretty decent. I told the salesman I'd be financing so I really hope that's included in the quote.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a L2501 last October,

17,2 out the door.

HST
Loader with QD bucket.
R4 tires

Shop around and don't be afraid to drive to get one. I bought mine in Kentucky for 2k less than local. And didn't pay tax.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How much wiggle room on the price does new tractors have when purchasing from a dealer?

I'm looking at a Kubota L2501HST.

Quoted a little shy of $22k OTD with forks and the 525 FEL.

Kubota does have another promotion going on for the L2501, but that is the non-HST.
View Quote
SSQA FEL?
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#6]
if financing thru Kubota ( awesome deal ) then the insurance is required from Kubota. I purchased my 2011 bx2660 as a left over in march of 2012. I got zero financing, paid like 14, including loader, and deck. The insurance was $700 for the duration of the loan and I rolled that cost into the loan, knowing I would not be paying off early. I put a substantial amount down, and my payments for 4 years was like 160 bucks a month. with zero financing, they were paying me not to pay off early. Kubota zero financing really is an insane deal.
The good news is that the mandatory Kubota insurance covers EVERYTHING. If you wreck it while towing it on a trailer, covered. House or barn fire and you lose the tractor in the fire, covered. It is phenomenal coverage. The only thing that sucks is the cost of the same insurance after your loan expires. They wanted something like $300 a year or more from me to continue the coverage once my loan was paid off. it sucks because my homeowners doesn't cover the tractor if I lose it in a fire, and my Kubota is parked in my attached garage all the time. I think I even asked for coverage on it and my Allstate guy said they don't offer that. Weird, I thought they may have had a rider or something for it.

To answer the OP's question, there is very little wiggle room in price for NEW kubotas. Now, used trade ins, TONS of room. But good luck getting a dealer to give away a used Kubota tractor. I purchased my tractor new because anything similar in my area of upstate NY which was used was literally only a grand or 2 less regardless of hours. Kubota's hold there values tremendously up here. I don't care what any Kubota haters say, Kubota to tractors is like Toyota to cars. Almost bulletproof if taken care of well.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just bought a L2501 last October,

17,2 out the door.

HST
Loader with QD bucket.
R4 tires

Shop around and don't be afraid to drive to get one. I bought mine in Kentucky for 2k less than local. And didn't pay tax.
View Quote
I assume that's new?

How did you find it? I've been cruising Tractor House and other classifieds and majority of the dealers require you to call for pricing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SSQA FEL?
View Quote
I don't know exactly. I can tell you in the morning.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
if financing thru Kubota ( awesome deal ) then the insurance is required from Kubota. I purchased my 2011 bx2660 as a left over in march of 2012. I got zero financing, paid like 14, including loader, and deck. The insurance was $700 for the duration of the loan and I rolled that cost into the loan, knowing I would not be paying off early. I put a substantial amount down, and my payments for 4 years was like 160 bucks a month. with zero financing, they were paying me not to pay off early. Kubota zero financing really is an insane deal.
The good news is that the mandatory Kubota insurance covers EVERYTHING. If you wreck it while towing it on a trailer, covered. House or barn fire and you lose the tractor in the fire, covered. It is phenomenal coverage. The only thing that sucks is the cost of the same insurance after your loan expires. They wanted something like $300 a year or more from me to continue the coverage once my loan was paid off. it sucks because my homeowners doesn't cover the tractor if I lose it in a fire, and my Kubota is parked in my attached garage all the time. I think I even asked for coverage on it and my Allstate guy said they don't offer that. Weird, I thought they may have had a rider or something for it.

To answer the OP's question, there is very little wiggle room in price for NEW kubotas. Now, used trade ins, TONS of room. But good luck getting a dealer to give away a used Kubota tractor. I purchased my tractor new because anything similar in my area of upstate NY which was used was literally only a grand or 2 less regardless of hours. Kubota's hold there values tremendously up here. I don't care what any Kubota haters say, Kubota to tractors is like Toyota to cars. Almost bulletproof if taken care of well.

Good luck.
View Quote
Thanks. I'm find used tractors, but like you say it's not a bargain at a couple thousand under new. You add in the dealer financing on used tractors at a higher rate (4.25 to 7%), it just makes sense to buy new.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Deere requires insurance to get their 5 year 0% financing as well.  The dealer told me that I could go through my normal insurance (Farm Bureau) if I would like, but the Deere insurance covers theft, fire, rolling off down the hill into a tree, etc. for about $100/year.  Farm Bureau treats me really well, but for $100/year I didn't even bother to ask them for a quote.

As far as the original question, I got prices from 3 different Deere dealers, and there were some differences.  Asking prices were all within about 3% +/- though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#11]
When I financed my tractor purchases, I was required to have insurance as well. That being said I did not have to have it thru Kubota. I did have to show proof that I had insurance that met Kubota's requirements. I saved some money by having it added to our homeowner/farm policy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SSQA FEL?
Have them demonstrate it to you.  Then you'll see how important it is.  If it's pinned i.e. not SSQA, don't buy the tractor.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#13]
A couple of things to consider:

Your tractor is going to hold its value for years.  Go look at used prices if you don't believe me.
You might be able to write it off on your taxes by depreciation.  
If you go over to another county and buy their tractor to save some monies, what is going to happen when you need it worked on?  Your local dealer is going to put you at the back of the line so to speak and is the dealer you bought from going to run 100 miles to pick it up to work on it.  Buy from the local dealer, work the best deal, and be happy with it.  Your tractor is going to pay for itself 100 times...
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#14]
My dealer waived the Kubota insurance with a copy of my homeowners policy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When I financed my tractor purchases, I was required to have insurance as well. That being said I did not have to have it thru Kubota. I did have to show proof that I had insurance that met Kubota's requirements. I saved some money by having it added to our homeowner/farm policy.
View Quote
I have a new L6060 on its way.  I showed dealer evidence of our farm policy and we were good to go also.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
@BeardedDude

This User's Message Box Is Full.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#17]
There was no negotiation on my M7060. The price was the price unless you want to drive a couple hours to another dealer, then you worry about service.

Another guy I talked to after I bought mine said he tried everything to get a deal and got the same answer.

ETA: I've read the kubota insurance is worth it. Pretty much covers everything except wanton damage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top