Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2021 8:42:57 PM EDT
Here is what I have so far.
I ordered two combo packs from jerrycan.com. (they sorted me two 20L cans so far. )
I bought a jobox at auction for $100.
I put all my flammables in it and rolled it under a tree next to my diesel tank. I had all these volatiles in a wooden barn(except the gas cans).
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Who else has a setup and what did you do different?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Paint it white.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Next step in the process.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Water resistant side vents

Paint it white

Pole barn roof structure to shield from elements
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm planning something similar this year.  I'm probably going to end up with a 60 inch Husky jobox and it'll hold all my jerry cans and probably a propane tank or two.  I'll be storing the box under a roof but still outdoors.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep our fuels in a metal roofed concrete walled shed on the farm.  It is not tight like your box, but it keeps things a bit out of sight and out of the weather.  Keeping the fuel under roof seems to help limit the condensation we find in the fuel.  The gas cans we carry out to use, the bulk diesel tank has a hose that will reach out the door for the equipment.  The engine & hydraulic oil drums are in there also as well as the filters.  I, like you would not like keeping fuel in a wooden structure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Given a little time those wheels will drive straight into the ground due to the weight.
Some flat concrete pavers underneath will help keep it above ground.  A concrete pad would be best however the cost would be more than you paid for the job box.

Bill
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I should have bought the taller one. This one is already full and I have more to store.
The other ideas are good. It isn't in its final position yet. Both it and the diesel tank are getting painted white.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Water resistant side vents

Paint it white

Pole barn roof structure to shield from elements
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top