Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2020 12:04:29 PM EDT
Bought a new Weathermark Bronze in 6.5 RPM.  I know it's an oddball caliber and people will rant about how it's a fad and cant do anything other things can do but, I like oddball stuff.

Took the rifle to the range yesterday for the first time and after a quick zero, I settled in to it.  At 195 yards my first 3 shot group measured exactly 1 inch.  My 2nd 3 shot group came in at just under 1/2 inch.  3 rounds touching, at 195 yards with a 6.5 pound sporter.  Factory Weatherby 140gr Accubond ammo.

If you're looking for an open country deer or goat rifle, or even a back country elk gun, you may give it some consideration.  I'm pretty stoked.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

The new Meat Eater edition Vanguard has my attention.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be pretty happy with that!

I too like oddball things. the PRC cartridges have my attention, and I am also interested in 6.5 RPM.  I have always wanted a Weatherby, and maybe when I am done paying tuition for these kids, one will be mine!!!

Lets see some pics of the rifle
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!

The new Meat Eater edition Vanguard has my attention.
View Quote

Working at Sportsman's and did the training on this, and would love to shoot it!

Honestly may be my next purchase.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Fark Weatherbys are awesome. Had a .300WM Vanguard and it was stupid accurate for the cost. 180gr. AccuBonds.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked up the Weatherby Bronze after reading this.  Not that I needed another reason to buy another gun, but man is that thing sharp looking!!!!!!!  

Apparently it can shoot too...
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you get a Mark V or a Vanguard action Bronze?  I have a Vanguard 7mm Rem. Mag. which is amazing.  I bought my brother a Howa .223 in a Hogue stock which shoots lights out as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Update, finally got the scope I wanted for this.  Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14 CDS in bronze to match the rifle.  Love the way it turned out.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks nice with the black accents.  I really like it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad your Weatherby shoots...  I spent well over $1000 on a VANGUARD BackCountry in 30-06, and it couldn't shoot a3 inch group at 100 yards.  Off a bench.  With premium ammo.  And I tried not less than $400 in various premium loads...

In contrast I just sighted in a 1961 Marlin 336 RC straight stocked 30-30.  First group out of the rifle printed 1.25" at the same distance.  

That Weatherby wouldn't reliably chamber a magazine full of ammo without at least one feeding failure.  In a damned bolt gun.  And Weartherby gave me nothing but grief and a shitty attitude.

I sold it at a substantial loss.  Never again.

I truly and sincerely hope yours proves better
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Just for clarification, this is the Mark V Weathermark bronze not the Vanguard bronze.  I do have a Howa 1500 in 6mm Creedmore that is a sub MOA too with factory Hornady 108 ELD Match.  

Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby and you can usually get into a Howa a bit cheaper than a Vanguard.  Weatherby does take the Vanguard up a notch tho with their stock and barrel/finish options.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just for clarification, this is the Mark V Weathermark bronze not the Vanguard bronze.  I do have a Howa 1500 in 6mm Creedmore that is a sub MOA too with factory Hornady 108 ELD Match.  

Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby and you can usually get into a Howa a bit cheaper than a Vanguard.  Weatherby does take the Vanguard up a notch tho with their stock and barrel/finish options.
View Quote

Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby????  Good to know.  If I am going to buy something, I like to buy the actual product and not just the name.....

(not bashing howa)
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, the Vanguard is a Howa 1500.  Weatherby puts their name on it, uses their own stocks, and offers more barrel contours/fluting etc to make it their own.  But it is a Howa.  

Mossberg and Smith and Wesson both imported the Howa 1500 under their names in times past.  I had a S&W 1500 varminter in .222 Rem that was a good shooter.

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Doesn’t Howa just make the action? I was under the impression that the stock and barrel were put on by Weatherby.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I could be wrong, as I'm just a consumer, but I believe Howa makes the action and barrel in Japan and Weatherby does the assembly in Sheridan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top