Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2018 8:37:29 PM EST
Even though it appears this new Honda has been out for a few months I just saw and heard about it for the first time today.

The new 2200i generator has over the older 2000i:
20% more power and larger engine.
Easier oil change area.
Quieter running.
Fuel cut off, so as to be able to run the gens carb out of gas before storage.
Stronger recoil rope and area.
No cost increase.
Less than a pound heavier.

Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:55:53 PM EST
[#1]
Buy once, cry once.

The others pale in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 10:16:08 PM EST
[#2]
I've been wanting to buy one for years. Nows the right time I think, before hurricane season and they fly off the shelf.
I think this should cover what I need: fridge, charge cell phones/laptop, and maybe a small fan.
Best price I see is $999 so far.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:54:11 AM EST
[#3]
Quoted:
Even though it appears this new Honda has been out for a few months I just saw and heard about it for the first time today.

The new 2200i generator has over the older 2000i:
20% more power and larger engine.
Easier oil change area.
Quieter running.
Fuel cut off, so as to be able to run the gens carb out of gas before storage.
Stronger recoil rope and area.
No cost increase.
Less than a pound heavier.

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/Rockyriver1234/Generator%20Miscellaneous/eu2200i_zpstx7ig8fw.jpg

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/Rockyriver1234/Generator%20Miscellaneous/EU2200i%202_zps2vokmggv.jpg
View Quote
I'm sure it's going to be a great generator but it's 10% more power, not 20% (2200 vs 2000) and it's a little louder, not quieter, running at load (62db vs 59db).   Also, it's got a slightly shorter run time at load (3.2 hrs vs 3.4 hrs).
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:02:05 AM EST
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been wanting to buy one for years. Nows the right time I think, before hurricane season and they fly off the shelf.
I think this should cover what I need: fridge, charge cell phones/laptop, and maybe a small fan.
View Quote
Just picked up eu2000 new in the box from eBay with the 20% coupon for 700 dollars delivered.  I converted to tri fuel using the Hutch Mountain conversion and it is awesome.  Runs like a champ on propane.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:48:39 AM EST
[#5]
Quoted:
Just picked up eu2000 new in the box from eBay with the 20% coupon for 700 dollars delivered.  I converted to tri fuel using the Hutch Mountain conversion and it is awesome.  Runs like a champ on propane.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screaming deal!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 4:18:24 PM EST
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is a good deal. What seller? I tried a few with the code, but no luck.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:45:41 PM EST
[#7]
I wonder if this could be run parallel with a EU2000
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:51:56 PM EST
[#8]
People run 1000 and 2000's together all the time.  No reason to believe that should be an issue
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:52:39 PM EST
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder if this could be run parallel with a EU2000
View Quote
Yes. There is mention of this on Hondas webpage.
However there was some sort of stipulation.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:21:44 PM EST
[#10]
That's 2200 "maximum" watts.

Rated continuous wattage is 1800,

Still using the ol' rubber timing belt...

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:31:06 PM EST
[#11]
My old EU200i's  have @ 350 hours on each of them. When they wear out I'll get these new ones.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:21:43 AM EST
[#12]
Seems like some great improvements. Especially the easier oil change and fuel cutoff
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 4:02:51 AM EST
[#13]
What kind of hours are you guys getting before timing belt change? How many hours of OA life do you expect? Anyone run one till dead?

$700 is a game changer. At $1k, you could buy a 300w panel, a pair of Trojan T-105's, a 25 amp controller and a 2500w inverter and never change oil or belts, no lp or fossil fuel needed, etc.

WSS
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:31:51 AM EST
[#14]
Quoted:
What kind of hours are you guys getting before timing belt change? How many hours of OA life do you expect? Anyone run one till dead?

$700 is a game changer. At $1k, you could buy a 300w panel, a pair of Trojan T-105's, a 25 amp controller and a 2500w inverter and never change oil or belts, no lp or fossil fuel needed, etc.

WSS
View Quote
With current levels of solar efficiency you will not get nearly enough solar power in my AO to compare with the power produced by a Honda EU2000i and a couple of five gallon cans of gas.   It would take months of solar power or a whole lot more solar panels to begin to compare.   And then knowing my luck the solar panels would be destroyed in the same storm that took out my power.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:33:14 AM EST
[#15]
Quoted:
With current levels of solar efficiency you will not get nearly enough solar power in my AO to compare with the power produced by a Honda EU2000i and a couple of five gallon cans of gas.   It would take months of solar power or a whole lot more solar panels to begin to compare.   And then knowing my luck the solar panels would be destroyed in the same storm that took out my power.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WSS
This - Solar doesn't work well on the north side of a hill, it certainly wouldn't work in a snowy nor'easter.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 7:58:33 AM EST
[#16]
The fuel cut-off is long overdue. Now how about a fuel level indicator? Then it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:41:36 AM EST
[#17]
The reason solar will not work in your AO is the reason I stay in Kalifornia. The political and social climate suck. The people are barking mad but the weather is unreal.

Point taken.

So you can run these in series (or is it actually parallel) to double the output?

inverter gen newbie here.

WSS
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:39:49 AM EST
[#18]
Quoted:
The reason solar will not work in your AO is the reason I stay in Kalifornia. The political and social climate suck. The people are barking mad but the weather is unreal.

Point taken.

So you can run these in series (or is it actually parallel) to double the output?

inverter gen newbie here.

WSS
View Quote
They call it running them parallel and they sell parallel kits to hook them together.

The voltage (120) stays the same but the amperage doubles.

And although it would be nice to have better solar here I would take crappy solar over your political climate any day.

2Hut8
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 7:04:44 PM EST
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought my Honda from Mayberry Supplies in NJ. It was $949 with free shipping and no tax. Tell them you saw their ad in a QST ham radio magazine.

BTW, Hondas do better than Yamaha when it comes to starting current. I can run a 13 kBTU roof AC on my travel trailer just fine with a Honda.  Yamaha goes into overload.

I'm typing this in my travel trailer while powered from a Honda eu2000, in the middle of nowhere. The generator runs all day long on a gallon of gas at low load and about 5 hours when running AC. It's relatively quiet but I can still hear it up to 150 yards away.  There is hardly any man made noise over here.
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.