Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2021 8:33:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryM]
So how about your backpackers out there? Any Appalachian Trail thu hikers? Pacific Crest Trail? Any other serious long distance or extreme condition hikers?
I have 275 miles of the AT down, want to do more and have been looking at others. The Colorado trail id tempting.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I glamped at the cabana at my oceanfront neighborhood once.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Every year I do a section of the PCT in Oregon. South of Hwy 58 is the remain portion of the state for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 7:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I like backpacking but don’t do it enough.   Nothing compares to out west.  The adirondaks just aren’t comparable in my opinion.   Did about 45 miles over 5 days in Ansel Adams wilderness this past August.   Good times.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
First stretch on the AT next weekend. Only a few miles but will have a 10 and 12 year old in tow.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:43:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#5]
Yea! Yet another subforum to siphon content off of other similar existing subforums.  I swear this place is trying to be like reddit where there are so many subforums it's a PITA to find stuff.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spuddicus:
First stretch on the AT next weekend. Only a few miles but will have a 10 and 12 year old in tow.
View Quote

Starting at Springer or further north? Only about 80 miles of AT in Ga.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the new forum.
Strictly a day and section hiker so far.
Aiming to do a thru hike or two a few years down the road after I fully retire.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I’d love to take a multi-week trip or at least go someplace exotic. I live in Deep South Texas and just getting to our haunts in Colorado is a chore. I’d like to do the Maroon Bells next or Yellowstone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Im 46 and have never done more than day hikes in state parks.  I may have waited too long in life but I'm determined to do some AT hiking, 7-10 days at stretch.  I've needed a kick in the pants to get out and do it.  My brother passed away recently and was an avid trail hiker.  Im going to spread his ashes on the trail.  
Look forward to some wisdom form members here.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 7:03:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SchizoPathica] [#10]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
Yea! Yet another subforum to siphon content off of other similar existing subforums.  I swear this place is trying to be like reddit where there are so many subforums it's a PITA to find stuff.
View Quote

So don't click?
I actually really understand where you're coming from and respect your opinion but the "General" section can sometimes cover too much ground to filter through for specific info.
We're all just trying to help each other out, right?
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I don't mind. I have asked about backpacking/hiking/camping in GD, and the threads get lost quickly in the noise.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

It seems pretty simple, if you want to post or read about stuff related to backpacking or camping the forum of that name is the 3rd one from the top. It’s even visible without scrolling on a smartphone. It’s certainly easier than searching “General Outdoor Discussions” and “Survival Gear” for backpacking/camping-related posts.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GaryM:
So how about your backpackers out there? Any Appalachian Trail thu hikers? Pacific Crest Trail? Any other serious long distance or extreme condition hikers?
I have 275 miles of the AT down, want to do more and have been looking at others. The Colorado trail id tempting.
View Quote

@70satvert
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 8:57:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#14]
Thru hiked the AT in 2017 with my wife for our honeymoon. Done a bunch of stuff out west, UT/AZ mostly, a little in CA. Only done 3 one nighters this year due to work and family. Luckily I get paid to hike so I’ll have close to 1500 miles this year including my recreational hiking. I enjoy getting out in the winter a lot. Got several trips planned this year.

-4 nights on the AT thru the Smokies, 3 nights around Mt Mitchell, 2 on Grandfather Mtn, and some others. I’ll be waiting for winter weather before starting those.

If anyone comes through the Smokies feel free to hit me up.

Obligatory Katahdin pic, and one from our favorite campsite toward the end of the 100 Mile Wilderness.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top