Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:14:27 PM EDT
I am going back and rereading some of the Survival Fiction I read previously.  (Alas Babylon, Lights Out, One Second After Series, etc..)

I am trying to recall one of the books I read and the only thing I remember is the main character loaned a large generator to the gas station so it could operate.  Does this book ring a bell with anyone?
I know it is not much to go on, but hoping someone remembers it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Tom Sherry's Deep Winter series.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I will take a look, but I dont think I have read that one.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Turp:
I will take a look, but I dont think I have read that one.  
View Quote

Yes, it was Deep Winter.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, Sherry's character drives his tractor to the gas station and they run the store power off of that in exchange for fuel. The gas station/ store then becomes a neighborhood focal point for military patrols in the area and a commercial trading location once the neighborhood residents start trading used and homemade goods amongst themselves...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all.  I started reading it and the story line is familiar.  I must have misplaced or lost my original copy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top