Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2019 6:42:20 PM EDT
I haven’t taught the Radio Merit Badge in years, I will however be teaching it the second week in September.  Do any of you have a file, or PowerPoint that you have used?  I had an older one but I wasn’t really happy with it and it didn’t follow the order.  Any help is appreciated..and if you just find yourself with nothing to do you are welcome to come and watch or help.  Right now it’s just me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
asked

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man.  I'm actually trying to get ahead of the game so I can do a good job.  Ive promised the kids that the first 2 to get their ticket get presented with the now discontinued Amateur Radio Operator tab that I bought extras of when they discontinued them.  We are doing the class at the local college AM station.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
https://k2bsa.net/

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve used those before. I teach the merit badge once a year.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope.  There was no k2bsa site last time I taught it.  Thanks.

Wow, they dropped circuits and schematics.  Those go with the electronics MB now.  That is a sign of the times now I guess....

Thanks for the help.  I will take a look at the presentations.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, check your messages.

~ Jup
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thread has been a excellent demonstration of the value of social media and twitter in particular.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Uh, GUYS!!!

(Waving hands overhead - trying to get your attention!!!)

I have a pdf file I put together that may be useful to you as part of this...

Helping with a bunch of Scouts (GREAT kids!) wanting to get their Radio merit badges, and as a ham club
representative I gave them a tour of the club station.  Each got some time on the mic (3rd party operation),
and had loaned them an Icom R75 and portable antenna system so they could do some dx'ing, write a log
of what they heard, etc.

For the R75 I had written a simple operation manual, with pictures, captions, arrows and circles, and
how to operation the radio.  But also, about propagation at various frequencies, etc.  Some suggested
frequencies to listen to, some foreign stations they could easily log, etc.

You may use all or part of this... it is in pdf format.  You may use it as a guide of how to prepare something
similar for your Troop.

To get this file you merely IM me with an email address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top