Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2018 11:06:15 AM EDT
Just busted out my old fly rod , I grew up in Alaska so all my gear is aimed at catching salmon and for some reason I have one trout fly that looks like a bee. I can tie my own flies but want to buy a few first to try different ones. Anyone have any good fly styles for bass that work for you ? I’m in Oklahoma for what it’s worth , I figure bees , dragon flies , fuzzy black bugs , frogs etc, but I’ve been wrong before .
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Popping Bugs or deer hair bombers/frogs for surface action.  Wooly buggers in black, olive, and brown usually do very well with and without beadheads.  Clousers work as well but I find the wooly buggers are the way to go on smaller waters.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Popping Bugs or deer hair bombers/frogs for surface action.  Wooly buggers in black, olive, and brown usually do very well with and without beadheads.  Clousers work as well but I find the wooly buggers are the way to go on smaller waters.
View Quote
I got some of those bass poppers you mentioned and i went from skunked to catching all sorts of shit in this little pond down the street, small bass , crappie and sun fish. The pond is too scummy to fish with a regular pole but surface fishing with a fly rod is total fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top