BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ran the USS Nautilus station from about 10 to 1030 on Sunday morning.
View Quote

Damn! I really wanted to make a QSO, but just couldn't manage to be heard on your end. Do you guys run a station out of there other times, too, or is it only for this annual Museum Ships weekend?
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Away from the rig this weekend
View Quote

You and me both.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I ran the USS Nautilus station from about 10 to 1030 on Sunday morning.
View Quote

Props Bro, even though I couldn't be OTA at the time.

I have worked radio off Yorktown, North Carolina, and Midway.

The guys in the clubs on these ships are great folks...thanks for your work.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:30:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Props Bro, even though I couldn't be OTA at the time.

I have worked radio off Yorktown, North Carolina, and Midway.

The guys in the clubs on these ships are great folks...thanks for your work.
View Quote

Thank you! I believe it was an effort of 3 different clubs. Unfortunately we didn't get to work the radio off the sub directly, but in a picnic area about 50 yards behind it.

I got invited down on Friday to set up the ARES trailer we keep at work at the EOC, but picked up hours at my part time job. Turned on the radio Sunday morning to check in and mentioned my buddy's name who did take the trailer over, and he was there, so I went down. There was one guy on 20, one on 40, and another fellow messing around with satellites. I ran the 20m station for a bit, then was checking out the satellite guy's operation. Never seen someone work a satellite before, pretty neat.

My grandmother worked at EB in Groton from 1950 until she retired in 1986. When the Nautilus went on her voyage under the polar ice cap, she had folks she worked with bring a few stowaway items aboard to have her own personal souvenirs of the journey. I was also recently given an original copy of our local newspaper with the launch headlining the front page.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top