[#1]
Ordered some for something new to try
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered some for something new to try
View Quote
I opened a can last year just to try them.

Let me tell you... I love these crackers! I really wish I could find a source of them that weren't (expensively) packaged for long term storage.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I'll order a can.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know this was a thing. Will probably order some.

Saw this in the Q and A.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they tasty?

I keep a few boxes of lifeboat rations around, and toss a few in the vehicles in the winter ''just in case.''
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]
They are. I think they're delicious.

So interesting thing on these...

Obviously you DON'T add water or need to prepare in any way. That's a plus!

They go down the pipe without you needing water. Another plus.

A can has roughly 3750 calories. Again, nice to pack a pretty good chunk of calories in a relatively small space.

Last batch I got expires in 2047 (Keep them stored properly and add 10 years). I will be an old man if not dead by the time they would need to be rotated out, and I'm fairly young now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Helpful Amazon says I bought some back in October 2015 for $15.99 each.  So I've got 4 cans around here somewhere.  Probably should find those before I order more
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 2:46:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#10]
That was freaky fast! Just ordered them yesterday

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I clicked the OP Link.

one #10 can = $15.45.

two pack = $61.04

Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I clicked the OP Link.

one #10 can = $15.45.

two pack = $61.04

View Quote
Ohhh Amazon....

They do that with lots of stuff. You figure they get one sucker who doesn't pay attention once in a while and they make a bunch of money off them.

If you watch their MH stuff a bit, they throw one or two types of product on sale at a time occasionally. When Amazon marks MH stuff down sometimes it is insanely cheap. I have gotten some items that are normally $35 a can at a fair price for as low as $10 shipped. Nobody can touch that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are they tasty?

I keep a few boxes of lifeboat rations around, and toss a few in the vehicles in the winter ''just in case.''
View Quote
these really aren’t bad-we like them. They are different to your typical cracker in that they are more dense and the taste is different because they don’t use shortening or oils that go rancid. They are not salty and have a lightly sweet taste.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ohhh Amazon....

They do that with lots of stuff. You figure they get one sucker who doesn't pay attention once in a while and they make a bunch of money off them.

If you watch their MH stuff a bit, they throw one or two types of product on sale at a time occasionally. When Amazon marks MH stuff down sometimes it is insanely cheap. I have gotten some items that are normally $35 a can at a fair price for as low as $10 shipped. Nobody can touch that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I clicked the OP Link.

one #10 can = $15.45.

two pack = $61.04

Ohhh Amazon....

Not sure why it gives that two pack price. It did it with me also, but came out right at checkout.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Six cans come up $92ish.  Right on for a case.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 2:13:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered 2 cans 2 nights ago, showed up today.

thats a damn good cracker! No kidding...they are tasty. My wife and dog both liked them.

I am going to order more,
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember eating Sailorboy pilot crackers when I lived in Alaska. I wonder if these are the same thing? Did the company that made them go out of buisiness? I can’t find a place to buy them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I remember eating Sailorboy pilot crackers when I lived in Alaska. I wonder if these are the same thing? Did the company that made them go out of buisiness? I can’t find a place to buy them.
View Quote
Still in business and supposedly available widely up in AK. Nobody distributes them in the lower 48 it seems.

There are a couple places that will ship them but it ends up costing as much or more than MH.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Still in business and supposedly available widely up in AK. Nobody distributes them in the lower 48 it seems.

There are a couple places that will ship them but it ends up costing as much or more than MH.
View Quote
I loved them smeared with peanut butter. I could have sworn I saw the local Fred Meyers or Safeway having them. Gonna check tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember eating Sailorboy pilot crackers when I lived in Alaska. I wonder if these are the same thing? Did the company that made them go out of buisiness? I can't find a place to buy them.

Have seen them in some Rural MT towns.
The Sailor boy crackers are all over here in Rural AK.
Family loves the Royal Cream Crackers better. They are a bit softer and better tasting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Had two cases show up today, i took free shipping on them so it took 4 or 5 days. These will be nice to have around, we didn’t have enough.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I am in for a case.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Are they better than MRE Crackers?
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#24]
I prefer them. Shelf life is wayyyy better too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Kind of surprised everyone loves these crackers so much. They are not bad at all but nothing spectacular. Personally nothing I would buy just to eat for a snack. I recently opened and ate a can of them when the wife was sick and I had no saltines handy.

I do get it... They are great for crackers you can keep for 20 years but they got nothing on those SOS lifeboat rations which really go great with coffee
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 1:51:10 AM EDT
[#26]
That reminds me, I have not been able to find decently priced MRE Crackers for almost two years now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are they better than MRE Crackers?
View Quote
they are not even in the same class.

MRE crackers taste like mouldy dry socks to the pilot crackers
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

they are not even in the same class.

MRE crackers taste like mouldy dry socks to the pilot crackers
View Quote
I must have unrefined tastes, I actually like MRE crackers...
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I must have unrefined tastes, I actually like MRE crackers...
View Quote
Same here.  I actually enjoy most MRE and eat them as a treat to myself!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top