Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2021 8:24:56 PM EDT
Took the grandson out checking game cameras, a trip to the range to sight in my G40 10mm, and get some training in. First stop was the range where my Grandson Brixton, age 7, was given some safety tips. He really liked shooting the M&P 15-22. Here is is group fired from 7 yards. He is off to a great start.

We spotted a nice hog but he was out in the open. He was about 25-30 yards from a fence that separated two open fields. I saw two small trees on the fence line. I went out about 100 yards and got those two small trees between me and the hog. I slowly moved up and took a kneeling shot from the fence line. He went about 5-10 steps, did the circle of death, stopped, I sent another one, and he was done.

On the way out we saw another one feeding nest to some tall grass nest to a low spot but he too was out in the wide open. I used the grass to mask my approach, got on my knees for the final distance, and took a kneeling shot. He dropped in his tracks but needed a final send off before taking the pics.

As a last minute thought, I gave my phone to my grandson and he took this video... unfortunately he went to cover his ears when I shot. Also, I had to knock off the first minute or so of the stalk.

Hog Stalk with G40 MOS 10mm

On the way home... he's done...

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice
you may have to change your screen name LOL
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That's cool! Kid is exhausted but recharging to give his parents hell
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a hell of a good way to spend the day!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top