Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2019 3:53:16 PM EDT
I read that calcium hypochlorite will last a long, long time. I guess this depends on storage conditions tho.
I had a few of the military water purification kits in the glass vials with test strips etc, but dumped most of them a couple years ago. I just found another one in a bag I had stuffed in storage, and was wondering it it might be of any value.
It was made in 1991, and has been in a hot/cold storage unit for 20 years. Would it not be worthless due to temps and age??
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I used the military stuff while deployed with USMC in the 80s.  It does get weaker with age, temperature and humidity.  Both the Cl and the testing agents.  The Cl especially if the containers have been opened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top