Link Posted: 2/28/2018 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kill Switch circuit checked?
View Quote
LOL

BTDT!

a couple years ago I launched the toon for the season and while it turned over just fine on the trailer before I took it to the ramp, once in the water, nothing. Dead.
It turned out there was a wire that came unplugged the went from the motor, under the boat hen up to the battery. It had a quick disconnect that came of while trailering.
The dumbest things can stump ya!
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Eta
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not post the symptoms and the fix so that other people may benefit?

Removing the information defeats the entire purpose of a technical forum.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
ended up being a 20amp fuse i didn't check the first time around...located near the harness and electrical plate on the side of the motor
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
How long did it take to find?

I have a friend that bought a used Boston Whaler. He said he got a great deal on it because the seller had previously sold it, but the guy returned it because while it would run, as soon as you open the throttle, it would sputter. The owner had the carb rebuilt after he took it back and sold it to my friend for a couple grand cheaper, hoping it was fixed. Dumb of him to not even test it, but whatever.
So my friend picks it up and has me help launch it. We idle up the river at no wake util we got to the open lake and it worked just fine.
He gives it the beans, and sure enough, she starts to sputter almost immediately. He's all dejected and starts talking about returning it.
I was mulling it over and knowing it had not been used much in the past few years, I had a thought.
I disconnected the fuel hose and looked at it. Not seeing anything wrong, I put it back together. He fires it up, gives her full throttle and away we go! It ran perfectly.
Clearly there was just some gum right at the fuel connection that a simple disconnect cleared up!
SCORE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top