Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2022 10:15:51 AM EDT
Got around to finally getting everyone in the family a mask (4 of us) and 2 multipurpose filters for each. I'd like to make a bulk order purchase so that we'd each have at last a total of 5.  I'd vacuum seal the filters to increase the shelf life.  Any recommendations as to where I could order 12 filters at a bulk discount?

ETA: I remembered ApprovedGasMasks.com sold filters at a bulk discount.  I will check with them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What thread?

Who approves the filters at the site you reference?

I’m a subject matter expert on this topic and I’m not aware of any entity that “approves”’or certifies a wide enough variety of filters to be able to dedicate a website to it. The word “approved” in this context sets off alarm bells for me, making me think it’s a scam unless they only carry filters for a very narrow range of applications.

A quick glance at the homepage of that site made me laugh— there’s no way it’s legitimate. It doesn’t even have a link to click to describe their credentials, the approval process, etc. There’s such a wide range of items on there, each with such divergent potential reasons to be “approved,” that I can’t see it as more than a marketing gimmick. It’s like buying car parts from someone who claims they are all the best but without explaining why or what testing was done.

Caveat emptor.
View Quote

Well….I’ve used them in the past to purchase a couple of SGE400/3 masks and filters with success.   Do you have any suggestions as to where I can purchase filters per my original post?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top