Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2022 12:37:41 AM EDT
I know absolutely nothing about MREs but my little brother is an avid SteveMRE fan and I wanted to surprise him with a couple of rations for Christmas. Ebay seems a bit overpriced, are there any trustworthy websites? What's the "best" ration to get?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
These are OOS, but might come back. I bought few. It's what you're after.

MREs
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out MREMOUNTAIN.COM  They have a lot of foreign ones. Some are very pricey, but hey it's Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#3]
MRE Depot has singles and smaller numbers of things for less money:

http://www.mredepot.com/Default.asp

Or you can spend $100 or so and get a half case of meals and he can experience their full glory.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Find a local Army/Navy store.

My buddy owns one local to me, that's where I get my MREs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a bunch of stuff from this place which I was impressed with. Only drawback was shipping cost.

The EpiCenter
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Traversing Food and Nathans MRE also do good MRE reviews on YouTube.

Best in my personal opinion is the French RCIR 24 hour.
Dutch 24 hour Artic rations have a huge amount of components.

MREDepot has some RCIRs in stock. I've ordered from them before and had no issues. Shipped from the U.S.

Mremountain.com has a variety of foreign rations but may not arrive by Christmas. Between overseas shipping, customs, and USPS it is 2 months easy.
USPS has been sitting on several French RCIRs for 13 days at a hub 23 miles from my house. U.S. Customs in NY has been holding an inbound shipment of Norwegian rations since October 3rd.

Mremountain.com also has First Strike Rations that ship real quick from Idaho. Not great rations but interesting for the components. Like eating at a gas station for 24 hours, and not a nice one.

Atlantic Firearms has cases of commercial rations for for $99 to $139. Plus Humrats for $50 a case (think vegetarian survival food with a side of peanut butter and fig newtons).

French and German

Attachment Attached File

MCRs and U.S.

Attachment Attached File

Dutch, Norwegian, U.S. First Strike

Attachment Attached File

I've got a couple of cases of First Strike Rations plus some cases of commercial rations stuffed away somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MRE Depot has singles and smaller numbers of things for less money:

http://www.mredepot.com/Default.asp

Or you can spend $100 or so and get a half case of meals and he can experience their full glory.
View Quote

As a Christmas gift for someone who has not eaten MREs before I would go with Mredepot.com
Buy 1 French RCIR, 1 U.S. First Strike Ration , and 5 individual mains for about $100 plus shipping.

If it's a brother you don't really like get him this, a box of saltine crackers, and a 6 pack of Bud Light.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't bought "MREs" in a long time.  The prices now are outrageous.  Wow....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top