Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2022 10:50:21 AM EDT
MODS PLEASE DELETE
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert at this, and I don't have a direct answer to your question(s), but I'd be wondering about their use of SLA gel-cell batteries (apparently not even AGM) in that application as far as battery lifetime and potential depth of discharge, as opposed to, say, LifePO4 batteries.

There may be other considerations, however, such as ability to withstand below-freezing temperatures (which I believe are not good for LifePO4 battery charging).

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Get over here and start reading and watching videos.  
https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/WillProwse/videos
I would be inclined to be suspicious of any package from Amazon, at least for not being the best you could do.  Pretty sure there would be smaller websites with packages that would be better, if you didn't want to piece together from parts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#3]
MODS PLEASE DELETE
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Why delete it?  The Survival Forum doesn't get as much traffic as GD and sometimes these questions take time to get answers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone's butthurt. Maybe try Survival Discussions instead. There's been multiple small scale solar setups documented there over the last few months.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone's butthurt. Maybe try Survival Discussions instead. There's been multiple small scale solar setups documented there over the last few months.
View Quote

Amazing how you can read my mind.

I decided to do something different.

But be an ass, what do I care?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top