Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 11:15:27 AM EDT
I have a 25 yr old Kubota L3010 that I am looking to upgrade.  Larger tractor work is covered, but thinking about the 2501 with hydrostat transmission.  It is the largest engine that meets tier 4 without DEF or whatever they call it.  

Anyhow, will be 4 wd, skid steer bucket connect, but what do you find that you use as far as attachments?  Primary use will be large garden and brush hogging.  I have old tiller and 5' cutter that I will replace when they kick the bucket, but wondering about what other bits and bobs you use?  Can generally get a bit better deal if I get with tractor.

Anyhow, just looking for thoughts.

Doc
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get a really big tractor without needing DEF fluid.  Tier 4 emissions/dpf is a thing but I haven’t had issues with it on the tractors like I have on my truck

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the bucket capacity numbers on that.
I assume you are looking at the L2501.  
The QD loader does reduce capacity a bit.

I have a bx and it does ok with the bucket, the pallet forks are VERY weak.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the L2501 and wish I went bigger and with a cab. I have 40 acres and use it for chipping, brush hogging, rototilling, land plane, and more.

Great little tractor
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the L2501 and wish I went bigger and with a cab. I have 40 acres and use it for chipping, brush hogging, rototilling, land plane, and more.

Great little tractor
View Quote

Do you wish for a cab because of cold weather? Curious because I’ll need to buy one in the next couple years for <20 acres; similar use as you. Cold air would be nice in the summer but it’s not worth what looks like a $10k jump.
@dayphotog
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you wish for a cab because of cold weather? Curious because I’ll need to buy one in the next couple years for <20 acres; similar use as you. Cold air would be nice in the summer but it’s not worth what looks like a $10k jump.
@dayphotog
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great little tractor

@dayphotog

@Cpn_Ron

My driveway is 1/4 mile and I have a snowblower
Would be enjoyable with cab.

In summer humidity is pretty bad plus allergies.

Can’t add one after the fact (crappy Curtis or similar for $6k)

I did add a canopy to mine for sun and rain
But will be replacing with cab tractor
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 2501.

I use the pallet forks a lot more than I ever thought I would.  My loader bucket does not have a replaceable cutter blade, I would like to add one.

The Landpride box blade does not pitch or tilt as much as I would like it to.  The rippers have worked very well for me in rocky AZ soil.

I would like to have a sprayer that attaches as a 3 point hitch, and I would like a shade with some work lights.  The headlights get buried behind the loader.

The tractor is awesome.

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Cpn_Ron

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great little tractor

@dayphotog

@Cpn_Ron

Thank you. I take back the similar use bit as I’ll never snowblow! I think a canopy will serve me well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I use a L3301 HST with a bucket, tiller, brush hog, and pallet forks a lot. If I were to buy one it would also have a backhoe. I could see me using a stump grinder a lot, especially once all my co workers find out I have one
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This my 23S has the skid steer connect and my forks are pitiful.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thank you. I take back the similar use bit as I’ll never snowblow! I think a canopy will serve me well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great little tractor

@dayphotog

@Cpn_Ron

I got the canopy really cheap on eBay with a 20% off anything coupon they used to give out

Led bar light was $25on ebay too I can rotate front or back

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I got the canopy really cheap on eBay with a 20% off anything coupon they used to give out

Led bar light was $25on ebay too I can rotate front or back

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65995/3822393E-EE60-4482-BBC6-D79D7B492CF0_png-1935888.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65995/317C09FC-69F3-4E53-B43C-0C08F2F65AD0_png-1935892.JPG
View Quote

Good idea on the light location, thanks. I’ll probably end up with some lights up front too and ditch lights for better depth perception.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#12]
grapple
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
grapple
View Quote

Yup.  Summit Hydraulics makes a good kit to plumb one in.

Rear remotes, Top-N-Tilt and quick hitch are nice too.

Whats wrong with your old Kubota?  25 years ain't that old and it may even be heavier built than the current offerings.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a 2501.

I use the pallet forks a lot more than I ever thought I would.  My loader bucket does not have a replaceable cutter blade, I would like to add one.

The Landpride box blade does not pitch or tilt as much as I would like it to.  The rippers have worked very well for me in rocky AZ soil.

I would like to have a sprayer that attaches as a 3 point hitch, and I would like a shade with some work lights.  The headlights get buried behind the loader.

The tractor is awesome.

View Quote

Yep.

The pallet forks are great, not the clip on to your bucket type.

Besides lifting pallets, moving logs, large rocks, firewood stack pallets I tend to use mine for odd digging chores.  Need a small tree and the roots gone?  Work the roots up with a fork and take the whole tree.  I pop up rocks of decent size after they get frost heaved to the lawn surface.  i just got two up that were exposing an inch above the dirt......one was the size of a large bag of dog food, the other the size of a 60 pound  redimix cement bag.

Also used a single fork tine to dig a shallow trench to run a conduit line for my ham radio coax.  66 yards that I would not have wanted to do by hand.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the Kubota B3200 with I think is the 501 or 503 loader.  It has 1100 pounds breakout lift capacity iirc.  I did the math on a cube pallet of hardwood firewood and it would be at or over max.  My loader was already basic pin on.  Before I bought my EA fork set I decided not to get the ssqa style adapter due to the extra losses in capacity due to the more weight of it and it put your load farther out on the arms reducing capacity.  The older Kubota round quick pin quick attach was lighter and shorter and about a third the price.......and I didn’t have to cut and weld ssqa on my pin on bucket.  

I am still at the edge of the capacity for the 48x48x48 of hardwood firewood.  Load. a touch light, top em off after I come up the steep hill.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Whats wrong with your old Kubota?  25 years ain't that old and it may even be heavier built than the current offerings.
View Quote

Partly need a write off for business, and I am afraid the clutch is about to need replacement.

Also looking for a row bedder and probaby a cole planter or such.

Doc
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#17]
We're buying a B26 TLB right now but were originally looking at the 2501.

We're doing a lot of land clearing and wanted the additional capabilities the B26 provided so it won out over the 2501.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We're buying a B26 TLB right now but were originally looking at the 2501.

We're doing a lot of land clearing and wanted the additional capabilities the B26 provided so it won out over the 2501.
View Quote

Yep, what i've seen of those TLB's, they are very well built!!

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top