Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2022 2:38:45 PM EDT
Hey, anybody have a 3 way PL259 antenna switch laying around they want to get rid of?

I'm looking....
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LINK
View Quote

Yea......I saw that too, but I figured I'd see if there was anyone here that had one they didn't need and would unload on the cheap.....so......MKKKAAAAYYYYY, i'm gonna have to pass on that one for now....

But thanks for viewing and replying....
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple in my junk bin, but not PL-259, is why I clicked.

ebay has them too, if you want the hassle.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a couple in my junk bin, but not PL-259, is why I clicked.

ebay has them too, if you want the hassle.
View Quote

Honestly, the PL259 connection is only coming from the Antenna side so I could use an adapter there.  This is going to be for VHF/UHF antenna, so the "radio side" can be PL259 or BNC......

What'cha got slick?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd strongly consider making a patch panel instead. It will be cheaper and give you better isolation. You can use bnc for the front panel side and it's easy to connect any two things together. That's what I'm going to do once it gets warm again.

I need to connect dmr, packet, and fm rigs between two different antennas. I usually leave the gateway on the tall antenna but for the monthly simplex net I have to move a bunch of cables around behind the bench. Good UHF antenna switches are expensive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure the switch you select shorts out the unused position(s). Otherwide the unused radio(s) could be damaged.
Stick with reliable ham radio dealers such as DX Engineering and Ham Radio Outlet. Some of those Amazon dealers may not be helpful if you have problems with their product.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I strongly suggest the alpha Delta switch for the isolation. The lower end switches almost have none and will toast your front end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top