Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2020 5:20:04 PM EDT
I was thinking about getting some of the KN95 masks from LAPG. Are the ear-pieces made from a stretch to fit material or are they fixed?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

They are Chinese.  There have been reports of viral contamination in Chinese masks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/264818/Screenshot_20200411-180745_Chrome_jpg-1362811.JPG

They are Chinese.  There have been reports of viral contamination in Chinese masks.
View Quote

I would doubt that there have been any contaminated masks. That is too much. Time alone kills the virus.

There are however reports of Chinese masks, like many other Chinese products, not living up to the claims, so you may not get the quality of mask that they tell you it is.  It may not filter like a 3m n95 mask.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#3]
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1791500O/comparison-ffp2-kn95-n95-filtering-facepiece-respirator-classes-tb.pdf

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I got some of those from a hardware store the other day.. The ear pieces do have stretch to them but they don't fit as tight as the 3M.

Does anyone know if they're g2g?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen multiple reports that the k95 masks from China do not filter the same......basically shit like typical surgical mask
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#6]
According to the PDF above, the KN95 mask they tested had ~8% total inhalation leakage due (includes both fabric and face seal leakage). NIOSH rated mask said N/A, not sure why. Presumably NIOSH N95 would be < 5% TIL.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
From the text of the PDF above: "Based on this comparison, it is reasonable to consider China KN95, AS/NZ P2, Korea 1st Class, and Japan DS FFRs as "equivalent" to US NIOSH N95 and European FFP2 respirators, for filtering non-oil-based particles such as those resulting from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, or bioaerosols (e.g. viruses). "
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the text of the PDF above: "Based on this comparison, it is reasonable to consider China KN95, AS/NZ P2, Korea 1st Class, and Japan DS FFRs as "equivalent" to US NIOSH N95 and European FFP2 respirators, for filtering non-oil-based particles such as those resulting from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, or bioaerosols (e.g. viruses). "
View Quote

Good catch!
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I would not trust a KN95. China Asshoe!

Im in medical and have some samples on my desk that don't excite me and I dont trust the documentation that comes with.

If I order 1 million at a time I can get them $1.50 each delivered.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#10]
https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/illinois-spent-17-million-on-masks-that-are-now-being-recalled-in-other-states/ Our governor fucked up bad!
"That includes many KN95 masks bought from China, which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said earlier this month was an acceptable alternative to the United States approved N95 masks. State spending records reveal Illinois has already spent nearly $17 million buying the KN95 masks."I get it,something is better than nothing but...
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Other countries have rejected KN95 masks for being defective.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ll pass along my 2 cents.  
Unless you are going to be properly fit tested why bother buying any type of N95 or “equivalent”?  AGM use to have fit test kits for about $250 if you really feel the need. I’m a healthcare worker and we are annually fit tested. I fail and use a PAPR for for over 20 years. Lots of people fail. Male, female, short, tall, big or small. Some people can’t get a good fit or just can’t smell or taste the agent without the N95 even being on.
I wish I could use a N95 because of the added length of time it takes to clean the PAPR every time I leave a room.  

As always YMMV

FB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top