Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
See my sig line.  It's what I have been doing to keep myself healthy.

Also don't eat sh*t for food.  Deep fried foods or fast foods or processed foods are no-nos.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Still going strong.
On the way out it seems..talk of me home in under 48..appointments set with with my primary via hospital etc..lots of last run labs,another CT scan etc.

Set back was Afib.

Coughed at dinner. Heart rate right to 190...that alone was a 3 day roller cosster..
Update as they pop in
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey there !  

Sux ya caught it

Been happy to avoid the covid and not gonna be gov lab rat,  the joys of mountain living.

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Protus- welcome back from the brink. Hope you and your family have a speedy recovery.  

We have very been lucky over the past year.  

I thought we as a collective were goners last year. Glad China viruses are like their tools.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear this.
Love on  your kids and don't get discouraged. It is a long game.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Git home yesterday pm.
Long road ahead of me....
Thanks for the support
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad that you are home.    Keep working at it and this will be behind you in no time.  

Let us know if you need anything.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Good to hear your home. Go buy some ammo now
did you get vaccine after all that?
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad you are better. I miss the old SF feel and vibe.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad you're doing better.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do I know its really you, and not zombie protus....?
View Quote
Lol.
Z9mbie protus would broke out of that jail lol.

I feel zombie. Had my primary Dr visit today.
30lbs lost total.

Ughhhhh
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]
There are much easier and cheaper ways to lose weight @protus.  You could have got a lot of free advice right here...just saying
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad you're home!

Get better soon!
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are much easier and cheaper ways to lose weight @protus.  You could have got a lot of free advice right here...just saying
View Quote
Sad part is we all know it ain't fat your body eats up 1st. Lol.
It'll help jump start some healthier plans I have with my Dr.
Right now is to get my ass off this insulin.
Guess the kind of steroids and covid drugs cause yourcsugsrs to go ape shit.
I'm hoping in a few weeks to be off. Already dropped one kind they had me on and my numbers are all good.
Just can't cold turkey that shit.

That and i Afibd  my last week in for no reason. All echo and test came back ok.but just meant more meds tossed at me.

It's been a crazy 1st few days home...between meds. Setting up follow ups and in home pt/care its a whirl wind.

Sooner I getc100% off this o2 and crsp sooner my life will be normal.
Only atcql use with activity...but recover time is fast with out and my breathing is getting deeper and easier every few days.

It's not an over night fix....inwish it was
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#19]
So did protus live?  I haven’t monitored this thead…
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There is some debate. His posts got noticeably better spelling and when it was pointed out it went back to his former glory, so the AI that replaced him may be learning....

He's home but still on the mend- covid kicked his ass, hard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did protus live?  I haven't monitored this thead
There is some debate. His posts got noticeably better spelling and when it was pointed out it went back to his former glory, so the AI that replaced him may be learning....

He's home but still on the mend- covid kicked his ass, hard.

So the SF estate sale is cancelled?
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.
Yes. For now.
Though I've debated giving away or selling all the surplus and tact gear that doesn't fit my needs.

I'm doing well. Pulmonary Dr...said im.looking good, just walk...walk..walk..with and with out O2.
Home therapy..has tried to kill me..luckily fir me...I'm thier youngest patient...told the girl to try harder. She liked my squat form...and my daughter said she was looking at my ass and told the wife. Lol.

Over all....
The biggest hurdle has been mental.
3+ weeks of isolation outside of getting stabbed by needles, having vitals etc and a few bumps in the road has took more of a toll than I would have thought.
Ot s worse cause I have the wife and kid...aka my life.

And now I just suck down shit loads of vitamins...and meds...
And swish this nasty shit to cure my thrush that the antibiotics caused.

Oh.
Pulmonary..let slip....that I scared them all a few times....lol.
My discard papers showed I had a sepsis which was news to me lol.
Guess I really was kinda fucked up lol.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol.
Yes. For now.
Though I've debated giving away or selling all the surplus and tact gear that doesn't fit my needs.

I'm doing well. Pulmonary Dr...said im.looking good, just walk...walk..walk..with and with out O2.
Home therapy..has tried to kill me..luckily fir me...I'm thier youngest patient...told the girl to try harder. She liked my squat form...and my daughter said she was looking at my ass and told the wife. Lol.

Over all....
3+ weeks of isolation outside of getting stabbed by needles, having vitals etc and a few bumps in the road has took more of a toll than I would have thought.

Oh.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Yes. For now.

Over all....

Oh.

You ain’t allowed to kick the bucket until the yard sale is fully planned.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:51:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You ain't allowed to kick the bucket until the yard sale is fully planned.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And the worst part- you woke in the hospital and everyone was a frickin Zombie! But at least you weren't in an Atlanta hospital!
View Quote

Lol.
I joked about that a bunch with the wife lol.

Hiked today....
For 45 minutes on and off o2.
Had to use my trekking poles. But did it..carried a pack.
With.
Football o2 tank..water, a soda( still getting sugR levels right) o2 sensir,sensor, cuff, glucose meter, kind bar minis, pepperoni sticks, SW shield .
So 5lbs that felt like 20.
Was a good walk...
Good company and sweated my ass off.
O2 levels stayed in the mid 90s ..bpm under 90 ...with out o2 I was rocking a 95% @ 82 bpm....
Last week it would been 88% in 4 minutes @100bpm.

I ain't gonna throw in the towel just yet....maybe some Alice gear....but no towel
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Take it slow. We ain't spring chickens any more. I have to tell myself that every time I'm fighting these damn 20 somethings...
View Quote
I got pt today .so I'll get worked out.
I just wanna get back to normal. Get some kit on and get back in the frame of mind I was a few years ago.

I'm pushing but not to hard....one day at a tine...just like hiking....one foot at a time...
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn Protus... praying you and your family heal up soon. Keep your chin up

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#32]
@protus How you doin’ man? Still hanging in there? Glad to hear your O2 levels are improving!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:38:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm alive...the pain tells me that lol

My calves got tight..pulling my Achilles and flaring up an old ankle injury( I've busted it like 9 times). Few weeks back.
That went away. But.
Since last week my other one decided it'd do the same lol.
I've had this happen before when working out after a bit of not being super active in the past.
It'll go away but every fucking step....is like getting smacked in the heel.
Stretch ,ice, Tylenol...( can't have ibuprofen). I ordered a sleep boot/sick to help.

But over all. Doing well.
O2s are great. Pulmonary testing  and ABG draw were good per Dr. He said to just keep walking etc..lol...irony.
Cardio Dr,  didn't seem to concerned...bp/bpm all good...follow up to get off thinners in Sept.
Primary is sending me back to work...on Monday...legs are gonna be killing me lol.
Blood glucose draws were good. Almost off stupid insulin ( under 10 units per day). And maybe med free if I don't put any weight back on. So in trying my best diet wise. In stead of walking the last 13 days I've been riding my bike . Man I forgot how jello legs felt lol.

Mentally....I'm doing great...
Very little anxiety or " attacks" when dealing with what I went thru.
I've got 2 people in bad ways in the hospital.  1 with covid( he's battling vent,no vent roller coaster) the other a good buddy who stroked bad.
That hit me hard. Great guy.....but I stay positive for them.

Just wish my stupid feet/ankles wouldn't be so fucking sore lol. It's keeping me from fishing and hiking but worse is I'm itching to get back in my gear and burn up some lead...so fuck china lol.

Thanks guys for the thoughts/prayers

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Glad to see you're still improving.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#35]
If you are near Gainesville would be glad to hit the range with ya.  Glad you on the right track
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you are near Gainesville would be glad to hit the range with ya.  Glad you on the right track
View Quote
Lil south of ya. By the big lake.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm alive...the pain tells me that lol

My calves got tight..pulling my Achilles and flaring up an old ankle injury( I've busted it like 9 times). Few weeks back.
That went away. But.
Since last week my other one decided it'd do the same lol.
I've had this happen before when working out after a bit of not being super active in the past.
It'll go away but every fucking step....is like getting smacked in the heel.
Stretch ,ice, Tylenol...( can't have ibuprofen). I ordered a sleep boot/sick to help.

But over all. Doing well.
O2s are great. Pulmonary testing  and ABG draw were good per Dr. He said to just keep walking etc..lol...irony.
Cardio Dr,  didn't seem to concerned...bp/bpm all good...follow up to get off thinners in Sept.
Primary is sending me back to work...on Monday...legs are gonna be killing me lol.
Blood glucose draws were good. Almost off stupid insulin ( under 10 units per day). And maybe med free if I don't put any weight back on. So in trying my best diet wise. In stead of walking the last 13 days I've been riding my bike . Man I forgot how jello legs felt lol.

Mentally....I'm doing great...
Very little anxiety or " attacks" when dealing with what I went thru.
I've got 2 people in bad ways in the hospital.  1 with covid( he's battling vent,no vent roller coaster) the other a good buddy who stroked bad.
That hit me hard. Great guy.....but I stay positive for them.

Just wish my stupid feet/ankles wouldn't be so fucking sore lol. It's keeping me from fishing and hiking but worse is I'm itching to get back in my gear and burn up some lead...so fuck china lol.

Thanks guys for the thoughts/prayers

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49816/Resized_20210722_070138_1__jpeg-2032869.JPG
View Quote

Not dead yet?  Cool.

As for the feet/ankles…. What has worked for me was going to the gym and pedaling the exercise bike. Started out at 20 min with low resistance 4-5x /week. It’s boring and it sucks, but it’s enough to loosen up all that connective tissue and supporting muscles in your calves/ankles/feet.  Once you do that for a couple weeks, get it up to 30 mins, then 40 mins.  Then scale down to 25 mins again, up the resistance a little, and repeat the process.  You’re not trying to beat yourself up, just get the joint working without a lot of strain. Bonus is, you can get your cardio going a little at the same time.

It is boring as hell, and it sucks… but it got me to the point where walking around wasn’t a deathmarch.  Once you start feeling better, alternate a short walk (no pack or anything) with your exercise bike stuff.  When I say a short walk, maybe just a half mile or so to start. Later, you can take longer walks.  Don’t go hardcore, and back off sooner instead of later if it hurts.

It genuinely sucks ass to be a person that’s used to doing stuff outdoors, then all the sudden struggle to get around at all. It’s easy at that point to kind of feel sorry for yourself and do nothing, which just snowballs into feeling worse.  Break that up with what (initially) feels like a token effort. Before you know it you feel better and can do more stuff.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Just found this thread. Sorry to hear you got the vid. Glad you are doing better.
I have several co-workers that got it bad. All are back to work. Two have been unable to taste or smell for over a year now. As for me, well, I've been working 60+ hours a week in the ER for over a year now. Been exposed more times than I can count. Got nothing.
It has been weeks since I had anyone's test come back positive. Things were starting to look good around here. Then Bam, last night we had five test positive and two went to ICU on the vent. I really hope this is a hiccough and not a trend.
Anyway, glad you are doing better. Stay strong.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn

Glad you're getting better
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#40]
PM Sent young man, hope you are on the mend!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top