Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2018 6:25:42 PM EDT
I picked up a Lowe 1436l from a friend. It's been sitting for a few years he's paying for the stuff(new seats, motor etc...). I'm doing the work getting it ready for the water for fun. To start with i'm just putting a 55lb. trolling motor on the back. How fast can I expect it to be with 500lbs total in it? Also a guy I work with has a ~3HP 4 stroke motor he'd sell me for $600(forgot brand but it was a quality one), what kinda speed would that provide? I'm not wanting a speed deamon just an idea what to expect. Thanks

I have a Vibe Sea Ghost 130 with a 30lb. trolling motor on the back of it and can get ~ 4MPH out of that setup. Just hoping it will be faster than that. When he decides to get a gas motor I'm going to put the 55lb'er on this.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Burn your money, it's less painful.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Just FYI...

Took it out tonight to see how it would do. Just went to the river and against ~ 2-3 mph. current in speed 2 I'd sit still in 3 I was b a r e l y moving forward. 4 would get me 1-2 mph. and 5 got me up to at least 3-4 mph. No current or on a lake and I could do ~ 6-7+ mph. I'd guess. That was with 3 people weighing 230, 140 & 80lbs. So 450lbs. plus battery, motor and stuff put us at ~530 or so total. A group 24 battery was at 72% when I put on the charger after 2 hrs. averaging speed 3-4 running the motor the whole time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 30 lb thrust motor and have measured the speed with gps in my phone on 2 different boats. In a 10' fiberglass dingy it did around 3 mph max. In a 14' aluminum boat with just me, the battery, and the motor 2.8 mph.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 30 lb thrust motor and have measured the speed with gps in my phone on 2 different boats. In a 10' fiberglass dingy it did around 3 mph max. In a 14' aluminum boat with just me, the battery, and the motor 2.8 mph.
View Quote
I have a 30lb. on my Vibe Sea Ghost 130 Kayak. On calm water with no current or wind I get 3.5 MPH max. I want to try out a 55lb. Endura MAX on it. I doubt I would run at max speed very often but I'm betting I could get up to ~8 MPH or so from it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top