Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2018 5:17:50 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

I grew up with my grandparents, and both were Amateurs and very active in the community. From field day to scouts jamborees, they and I were always there. About 20 years ago I started to study for my license. Being young at the time, the code part was taking me a while to learn. Then my grandfather passed away, and with that, my desire to get licensed.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago, I started on an educational/research space project which just so happens to be using amateur radio. So, I decided it's about time to get my license. So, I read a few free study guides, watched a few youtube videos while working, and did some practice tests while glassing for dear and elk.

Today I did it. I took a break from work, drove over an hour away, took all three tests, and here I am.

I ordered a cheap Baofeng to hold me over until I know what I want, and will most likely be here before I get my callsign. But, I'm interested in a lot of the digital stuff. And with that, looking for an APRS ht. And, a semi-mobile 100 watt HF transceiver that is fine on a desk, or in the back of the jeep. Also, any decent dual paddle CW trainers out there that I can get back up to speed with code?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the hat trick!
Both the XYL and myself are extras and VEs thru ARRL
It seemed like a logical thing to do after getting the extra.
I've been testing folks for 6-7 years in eastern Maine.
Only once have I seen all 3 passed in one sitting.
Enjoy the new privileges.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Callsign is already in the database!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Clean sweep!
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Well done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top