Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2018 8:24:42 AM EDT
Last night I went to the PSK Reporter website and noticed that my usual filters were not working and that the timestamps weren't displaying (see errors in the screen capture below).
Not a huge thing but it just looks all weird now. I also usually have it filtered so I only see the stations that see my signal, and not just random monitors.

No other websites look any different....no settings were changed on my PC at all...no other symptoms of any other issues with anything....just PSK reporter.
I cleared the browser cache but still no change. (been using chrome)
For a good I tried to view it using another browser (Edge) and the timestamps did work but the filters still dont?

Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
mine looked normal this am?
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The first thing that made me notice was that the font was different...the time stamp used to be a bold font...now it isnt.

Weird
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine changed also. Same on my imac and pc.

eta- just found a google group discussion on it. The developer has had to ditch the google base map due to pricing. Trying to work around it. https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine changed also. Same on my imac and pc.

eta- just found a google group discussion on it. The developer has had to ditch the google base map due to pricing. Trying to work around it. https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#
View Quote
Thanks...I noticed changes in the map background as well...knew that had to be the site and not my PC...my computer wouldn't have changed the names of countries
Appreciate you solving the mystery for me.

I think Google is probably reviewing other contracts  and sharing agreements as I got an email from them 'encouraging' me to switch from a 3rd party app I use to their own app. Up until now the app I use (a calendar app) integrates and sends/receives updates from/to my google accounts...I'm guessing they are giving me notice that the integrations will cease.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have another product that I use that has recently pulled the plug on Google due to pricing as well.  Furkot.com, which is great for mapping out trips, especially when you travel off of the beaten path, or just want the scenic route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top