Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2022 3:37:00 PM EDT
Just received one of these units: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082DG9F34?tag=arfcom00-20

MANY different iterations available.

It's smaller than a "small" Bic lighter.  Unfortunately, implanted/dedicated batt, but easily rechargeable via supplied USB cable.

Has had some decent reviews on Youtube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8h1_GSqzlU

Might be decent for EDC.   Other models available with different features.  Your call.

Initial impressions are that elec/charging port/input seems to be well-sealed.  Presumed plastic lens for main LED emitter is slightly recessed from chrome-plated bezel.  IDK if bezel is metal or not.  I hope to find a cheap plastic slip-over cap to cover the emitter and to protect the emitter lens--just in case.   Not sure how much abuse the lens will withstand from typical pocket contents without a protective cover.

Might take at least a 1/2" key ring on rear of unit to fit existing plastic.  Maybe 5/8" dia key ring.

For a pretty decent EDC LED light that is shorter and thinner than most people's little finger, might be worth considering.

Many features available with proper "clicks" of button.  Suggest some definite time/effort made in understanding user interface will be helpful.

Reckon we all have come a long way from EDC single-AAA batt Incan-bulb lights, LOL!

Disclaimer:  No financial interest.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Though not as bright, My favorite edc is a Streamlite microstream.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, not knocking the product you bought, but I'm skeptical that it is 1,000 lumens.

FYI, O-light makes a keychain light that is very similar and I got mine for $12. IIRC, 300 lumens, has the same UVight, clear case, built in battery, etc. I would trust O-light's output numbers a little more than a random Amazon item.

I will note, that several times I've tried to use it it's been dead. It's on my wife's keys. I think she forgets to lock the button out and accidentally turns it on in her purse etc but I haven't determined that to be correct yet. It could be a fault with the light.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, not knocking the product you bought, but I'm skeptical that it is 1,000 lumens.

FYI, O-light makes a keychain light that is very similar and I got mine for $12. IIRC, 300 lumens, has the same UVight, clear case, built in battery, etc. I would trust O-light's output numbers a little more than a random Amazon item.

I will note, that several times I've tried to use it it's been dead. It's on my wife's keys. I think she forgets to lock the button out and accidentally turns it on in her purse etc but I haven't determined that to be correct yet. It could be a fault with the light.
View Quote
I have no easy way of measuring lumens or light output, so all I can say is that it is rather bright, and there is an internal "timer" to knock down output to a lower level.  Have some "keychain" lights; some of them lack a switch "lockout" and have become drained when accidentally activated.  I'll never buy another one without a decent lock-out switch.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326114/light-2384410.jpg

View Quote

I love mine and have been carrying it for a little over a year now.  I clip it inside my back pocket next to my wallet.

Next time there is a good sale I'm getting at least one more as a spare.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326114/light-2384410.jpg

View Quote

Same, started with the AAA version and went to the coyote rechargeable.  Wish I could find a lens cover to keep it from getting scratched in my pocket with my change and keys.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a Surefire Stiletto. A Spyderco Military rides clipped to my right pocket, and the Stiletto is clipped to my left.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of these in each vehicle. Not as bright but pretty useful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YGBJZI?tag=arfcom00-20;content-id=amzn1.sym.bc622850-a717-4d94-96c3-7cc183488298&pf_rd_p=bc622850-a717-4d94-96c3-7cc183488298&pf_rd_r=91PMJDKBM6VSDT4XCFYF&pd_rd_wg=T7FX6&pd_rd_r=1ccf44e7-f3af-442e-be19-fdfb34364596&pd_rd_i=B002YGBJZI&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_t

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I've carried one of the Rovy Von lights like originally posted for about two years.

The good - its really bright, amazingly bright compared to the stuff I grew up with.  Battery life is good, has multiple modes.

The bad - it gets hot on high mode pretty fast, it can be turned on in your pocket and you know because of how hot it gets, the charging port rubber plug is never in place and almost useless.

In the end I really like it and use it all the time because its always with me.  Prior to this I carried one of the o light AAA units, this blows that away by a bunch.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've carried one of the Rovy Von lights like originally posted for about two years.

The good - its really bright, amazingly bright compared to the stuff I grew up with.  Battery life is good, has multiple modes.

The bad - it gets hot on high mode pretty fast, it can be turned on in your pocket and you know because of how hot it gets, the charging port rubber plug is never in place and almost useless.

In the end I really like it and use it all the time because its always with me.  Prior to this I carried one of the o light AAA units, this blows that away by a bunch.
View Quote

Similar experience, paid ~$24 i think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top