Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 8:51:55 AM EDT
How long will it last?

Any other ways to store caffeine (other than beans and grinder?)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been looking for options other than ground myself (don't trust that they aren't adding things to it). I saw a video the other day where a guy in Canada was growing coffee beans in his living room in winter.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully if it comes to that, you will store enough to break the habit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Sealed freeze dried instant coffee? Decades.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Just as an anecdote: I've seen opened jars of Taster's Choice last for years on board a boat - that still made a passable cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just as an anecdote: I've seen opened jars of Taster's Choice last for years on board a boat - that still made a passable cup of coffee.
View Quote

We've seen open containers form fuzz and hard surface in 6 months... original unopened containers are fine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We've seen open containers form fuzz and hard surface in 6 months... original unopened containers are fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you're in Florida - pretty sure fuzz forms on everything in 6 months from that humidity...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I got powdered ice tea mix. It’s already freeze dried, has caffeine, and won’t need heat.

You could also get caffeine pills. Those should store a long ass time
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hasn't the K-Rations YouTuber mixed those army coffee packets from the 50s and got decent coffee?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Lots of instant coffee is sold in single serving Mylar “tubes”. It isn’t my favorite but it’s good in a pinch and it’s ready for LTS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I have some instant decaf coffee in individual sealed bags that I used to take elk hunting. I'd have a cup in the evening at times in the mountains.

They are probably over 15 years old. Our coffee maker broke a month ago and I used one of those old bags to make a cup.

It didn't taste any different than it did in 2004.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome, I am on a serious bagging kick.  I will bag some up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Best instant coffee I have found

Folgers Noir
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
If you can find them, the Nestle 3 in 1 coffee packets are great.  Each packet comes with instant coffee, sugar, and creamer inside.  Add it to hot water, and it's not a bad cup of coffee.  When I was down in Helmand, we drank these exclusively as we didnt have access to real coffee.  

I think they are made overseas now but Amazon has them for sale.  

Nestle 3 in 1

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I keep a lot of the single packs with my camping stuff
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#15]
This stuff is great.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Freeze dried coffee in the original sealed glass container will last a lifetime if unopened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top