Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/1/2021 8:15:13 AM EDT
The Indiana QSO party is today, and if all goes well, I'm going to attempt to make my first HF contact. I've had a brand new IC-7300 sitting in its box for months. I've got a 60-foot tower, but I still haven't gotten it up -- I just need to dig a big hole and have a concrete truck lined up for a dry week (which seems to be never.)

Last night, I took a 150' roll of LMR-400 to my cousin's house and we hastily fashioned a 20M dipole. I'm using the coax for both HF and VHF/UHF antennas in the future, so we didn't cut it last night. I just had him put an Amphenol fitting on one end and solder two leads of 12-gauge THHN on the other. I cut them at 17' each, so hopefully I can throw it up in a tree and be close enough without a trimming session. I just have to stretch out 150' feet of coax around my yard.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Go for it and have fun.  HF and VHF/UHF are different worlds in that the band can get crowded at times.  Use the tuner in the 7300 to keep the SWR in check and your antenna will probably be OK.  It's a bit long but 20 meters is usually broad enough that it should work.  If the SWR is too high just shorten it about 5 inches (you don't have to cut it, just wrap the wire 5 inches shorter at the ends) to put you closer to the middle of the band.  Try it and see, nothing to lose and a lot of fun to be gained.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the etiquette in a QSO party? I heard some people participating in the Georgia QSO party not long ago, but I did not attempt contact because I wasn't sure what to do. Do you have to have some kind of computerized logging engaged?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not looking good. I don't think there should be any red on the SWR meter:

EDIT: I tried all across the 20M band and maxed the red on all frequencies.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not looking good. I don't think there should be any red on the SWR meter:

I tried all across the 20M band and maxed the red on all.
View Quote

Sounds like a short in the connector or at the top where the dipole legs connect.  All it takes is one strand of wire.  You cut the dipole legs at 17' and I get 16.5' in the middle of the band segment.  17' would make it resonant at about 13.67 mHz so I would expect to see it below 3:1 at the low end of the band.  Check it with a multimeter if you have one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sounds like a short in the connector or at the top where the dipole legs connect.  All it takes is one strand of wire.  You cut the dipole legs at 17' and I get 16.5' in the middle of the band segment.  17' would make it resonant at about 13.67 mHz so I would expect to see it below 3:1 at the low end of the band.  Check it with a multimeter if you have one.
View Quote

I ran out really quick and cut 3" off each side -- no change. I have to run out of town until noon, but will check it as best I can when I get back around noon. I can hear guys from all over -- one guy in Wyoming is making a million QSO's. I guess this is what I get for unboxing the radio last night with no idea how the damned thing works.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What is the etiquette in a QSO party? I heard some people participating in the Georgia QSO party not long ago, but I did not attempt contact because I wasn't sure what to do. Do you have to have some kind of computerized logging engaged?
View Quote
Nope, they're very informal.  The exchange you'll get from people in the state having the party is a signal report and their county.  If you're from a different state than the one having the party, you'll send a signal report and your state (or country if you were DX).

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I think the radio is fine, it is an antenna system problem.  

If you want a reasonably priced starter antenna buy a MFJ 2010 or the heavier built MFJ 2012which I have.  It does 6, 10, 20, 40m.  I want to say my 2012 was $79.  Very reasonably priced for an off the shelf dipole.

I still want to build one, specifically a 75/80m fan dipole.  I am letting my CC cool off on my radio and RC plane extravagances of late.  That and my ham shack is still in temp mode, I need to get my through the wall connection in, my radio ground rod installed and linked to the existing loop.  Finish the conduit to my Hustler BTV5, separate the rock from the dirt from my trench excavation.  Back fill, add the second batch of radials, top dress it all, reseed and then get my garden going.  

Heck I keep looking at that Russian built QRP rig in the other thread but am way out of line buying another radio at the monent.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Check it with a multimeter if you have one.
View Quote

I unplugged the connection on the back of radio and checked for a short between the center pin and shield and found none. My cousin says if the dipole end was shorted, it would show at this end as well. On the dipole end, he pulled the shield say down, twisted and tinned it with solder. He soldered one lead to center and the other to shield and taped them up well.

The dipole is an inverted V due to the hassles of getting the legs horizontal, and my center angle is greater than 90 degrees. The ends are at least 15 feet above ground.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I ran out really quick and cut 3" off each side -- no change. I have to run out of town until noon, but will check it as best I can when I get back around noon. I can hear guys from all over -- one guy in Wyoming is making a million QSO's. I guess this is what I get for unboxing the radio last night with no idea how the damned thing works.
View Quote

Not being familiar with the radio not helping at all.  The 7300 has a lot of settings and some of them are not immediately visible.  Pressing a button does one thing, pressing and HOLDING the button does something else.

Quick (and safe) way to check SWR on the 7300.  You only need a few watts to measure SWR so no need to run the power wide open.  Try this:
o  Set the band to 20 meters.  If you don't have "14.xxx.xxx" on the screen it's in another band.  Touch the most significant digit(s) of the frequency (3, 7, 14, 21, 28, whatever) and
   then touch [14] on the menu that will be displayed for 14 mHz (20 meters).
o  Push the "Multi" knob (above and to the left of the big VFO knob) and touch "RF Power".  Turn the knob and run it down to about 10%.
o  Touch the blue mode label on the screen (USB, LSB, CW, not sure what it will say) and switch it to RTTY.
o  Push the [Menu] button (bottom row of buttons) and select "Meter"
o  SWR is at the bottom labeled 1 to infinity.
o  Press the [Transmit] button (right under the [Power] button) for a few seconds ONLY and read the SWR.

When you are done be sure to:
o  Set the mode back to USB (for 20 meters) or CW
o  Set the RF Power back to 100% (IF the SWR is below 1.5:1).
o  Turn the internal tuner on (Press and hold the [Tuner] button for about 1 second to force it to adjust itself.  If the [Tuner] indicator won't stay lit then it can't adjust to the appropriate SWR.
o  If you measure the SWR with the tuner turned on (assuming it stayed turned on) it should be at or below 2:1.

The internal tuner will adjust itself as you change frequencies.  If it has already adjusted itself to the new frequency it will only take a few milliseconds and you'll never notice it happen.  If it hasn't you'll hear the relays chattering for a second or two when you start to transmit but it will then memorize that setting so the next time it will use its internal settings and not have to go through the routine of self-adjustment.

The method you are using doesn't show enough detail on the numbers but it's great for getting SWR measurements across an entire band segment since it will show the SWR curve across the whole band.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nope, they're very informal.  The exchange you'll get from people in the state having the party is a signal report and their county.  If you're from a different state than the one having the party, you'll send a signal report and your state (or country if you were DX).
View Quote

Thanks for the response. Sounds like something I can do, if the band is good.

So, if you are in the state having the QSO party, you mention your county, but if you are in a different state, you only need mention your state?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I unplugged the connection on the back of radio and checked for a short between the center pin and shield and found none. My cousin says if the dipole end was shorted, it would show at this end as well. On the dipole end, he pulled the shield say down, twisted and tinned it with solder. He soldered one lead to center and the other to shield and taped them up well.

The dipole is an inverted V due to the hassles of getting the legs horizontal, and my center angle is greater than 90 degrees. The ends are at least 15 feet above ground.
View Quote

Your cousin is right.  A short anywhere in the line would show up at the connector.

I'd also recommend that, if you can, also check for continuity.  You should have NO resistance between the center pin of the connector and the end of one of the dipole wires, and also no resistance between the shell of the connector and the end of the other dipole wire.  You could also take one end of the dipole down, pull it over to the other end, and then short the ends together with a short piece of wire.  That way you can check for continuity between the center pin and shell of the connector.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#13]
"So, if you are in the state having the QSO party, you mention your county, but if you are in a different state, you only need mention your state?"

Yep. Your State and signal report (just always say 59 to make life easy, or if the other person says something other than 59 I just give the same report they do to make it easy).
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

o  Push the [Menu] button (bottom row of button9s) and select "Meter"
o  SWR is at the bottom labeled 1 to infinity.
o  Press the [Transmit] button (right under the [Power] button) for a few seconds ONLY and read the SWR.
View Quote

Thank you for the very detailed post!

I tried the above method on 14.250 and the reading both with and without tuner is way beyond 3 and closer to infinity. I pulled the dipole down and untaped it -- everything is still soldered with nothing touching what it shouldn't be.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
GUESS WHO'S AN IDIOT?

I pulled the dipole down and measured each leg. They were around 12 feet instead of 17 feet! And to think I use a measuring tape a few hundred times a day where our tolerance is 1/16"!

I bet it works when I lengthen them. Put me in the Arfcom dumbass of the decade category.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
GUESS WHO'S AN IDIOT?

I pulled the dipole down and measured each leg. They were around 12 feet instead of 17 feet! And to think I use a measuring tape a few hundred times a day where our tolerance is 1/16"!

I bet it works when I lengthen them. Put me in the Arfcom dumbass of the decade category.
View Quote

An Elecraft would have tuned that....
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
GUESS WHO'S AN IDIOT?

View Quote

Measure once, cut twice!

I cannot say I have ever done something like that.   Say measuring with a tape measure to the back of the case (3.whatever inches) and then transfer and mark at where the tape enters the case and cut 3. whatever short.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
GUESS WHO'S AN IDIOT?

View Quote

I'm sure that none of the rest of us here have ever cut anything to the incorrect length.

The cool thing is that you figured out what the issue was and can now take steps to fix it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#19]
What happened was that I measured 24 feet instead  of 34 feet before cutting in half. LOL!

JUST MADE MY FIRST HF CONTACT! W7EDC in Oregon. QRZ says 1852 miles between us.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What happened was that I measured 24 feet instead  of 34 feet before cutting in half. LOL!

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
GUESS WHO'S AN IDIOT?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
GUESS WHO'S AN IDIOT?

I wish I could honestly say I have never done anything similar but I can't.  It's just something that we all have to do from time to time just to remind ourselves that we are not the ultimate lifeform.  Cats, on the other hand, never do anything stupid and ARE the ultimate lifeform.

Just wait until you put ends on a piece of coax, check the resistance and make sure everything is good, then realize that the shell part of one of the connectors is still sitting on your workbench and not on the coax as it should be.  Cutting one of the connectors off is really, really depressing.

Quoted:

Well done, congrats!  Glad you got it figured out and fixed.  There is also a "7-Land" QSO party running today and there are a of of them playing on 20 meters.

A plain old simple dipole can work extremely well, especially on the lower bands.  I worked a lot of Europe, South America and the Caribbean basin on 40 & 80 meters with a pair of inverted vee's and a 100 watt transmitter as a Novice.  Get yours installed relatively permanently and tuned a little bit and you'll be surprised how far you can go with it.

Have fun and congrats on the first HF contact!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#22]
This is an example of where a NanoVNA or other antenna analyzer would have been super handy, would have told you at a glance that you had a resonant, functioning antenna but that it wasn't resonant anywhere near where you wanted it to be.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is an example of where a NanoVNA or other antenna analyzer would have been super handy, would have told you at a glance that you had a resonant, functioning antenna but that it wasn't resonant anywhere near where you wanted it to be.
View Quote

I picked up a rig expert and used it to set up my Hustler BTV5.   Not having a short jumper I was walking back to the shack each time.  I got some walking in, mostly tuning the 80m tip.  Only one of the other traps needing a quarter inch adjustment.   Of course I moved it the wrong way first.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been trying for OR on CW for over a year. Finally got them also. Glad you got them first.  Make sure to log it on LOTW.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been trying for OR on CW for over a year. Finally got them also. Glad you got them first.  Make sure to log it on LOTW.
View Quote

I definitely have to get a LOTW account! I made a confirmed contact with YU5R in Serbia today, and they only use LOTW -- no QSL cards unless I send a SASE. Will I still get confirmation from them if I get an account in the next day or so?

I've made 24 confirmed contacts so far today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I definitely have to get a LOTW account! I made a confirmed contact with YU5R in Serbia today, and they only use LOTW -- no QSL cards unless I send a SASE. Will I still get confirmation from them if I get an account in the next day or so?

I've made 24 confirmed contacts so far today.
View Quote

Yes, you'll still get confirmation from LoTW.  Records stay there forever so assuming that they upload today (they won't) THEIR record won't be confirmed.  However when you upload YOUR records a search will find their record and then BOTH records will receive a confirmation.  YU5R is good about confirming QSO's but rather slow.  I worked them on 2/20/21 and got a confirmation on QRZ on 04/11/21.  It's a club station so it might depend on the individual operator to.  Some are probably quicker than others.

It will take a few days for your account to get activated even if you start things today.  Open the LoTW User Guide found on This Page.  For now you can skip to Page 9 since it outlines the process.  The lengthy part of the process is that once you install the TQSL you have to wait for a postcard (to validate your mailing address) that has a validation code on it.  That takes several days but after that everything is by email or electronic so it's quick.

I'd also recommend a free account on eQSL.cc and QRZ.com.  They are both handy to have.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you need a particular state for something watch the contest schedules for their QSO party.  If they don't show up for that they don't exist ;)
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

When you need a particular state for something watch the contest schedules for their QSO party.  If they don't show up for that they don't exist ;)
View Quote

I am relatively sure that I don't exist...

I did manage to find Iowa once though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I need ND, ID, AL and NV for CW WAS.  I have SSB, just Want CW now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I need ND, ID, AL and NV for CW WAS.  I have SSB, just Want CW now.
View Quote

There were a lot of them out today.  There's a Region 7 QSO Party running but I don't know what the hours are so they may be out tonight and tomorrow.  Lots of 7 stations on the air, I worked several of them.

I do understand where you are though.  I really wanted WAS-CW when I was a Novice and had every state except Alaska.  I never did get one as a Novice but I did work one on CW about a week after I got my General license.  I was a Novice in 1976 and there was a special certificate for "Bicentennial WAS" but i missed it by that one state.  Close but no cigar ;)
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, I ended my first day with 40 contacts.  I heard quite a few Australians late tonight, but they were all in extended conversations. I did make a few Canadian contacts this evening, as well as the Serbian one earlier in the day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well, I ended my first day with 40 contacts.  I heard quite a few Australians late tonight, but they were all in extended conversations. I did make a few Canadian contacts this evening, as well as the Serbian one earlier in the day.
View Quote

That's awesome.  I really need to start studying for my general.

Maybe if I start buying HF equipment that will get my butt moving on it. lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was pretty exciting and killed most of my interest in VHF/UHF.

I am truly amazed by the fact that I could hang 33 feet of "speaker" wire in a tree and converse with someone in Serbia yesterday -- over 5000 miles! I don't even have my 60-foot tower up yet, and my homemade dipole probably wasn't even 20 feet up. I  ended the day with 14 states, Canada, and Serbia. I heard California easily, but couldn't bust the pile-up.

Oregon
Washington
Arizona
Wyoming
Montana
Nevada
Delaware
Connecticut
Colorado
Rhode Island
Pennsylvania
New Hampshire
Maine
Wisconsin
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#35]
That's a good list, great job! There are some tough States you want to keep an eye out for like North and South Dakota and Alaska. I am in Iowa so I was having trouble getting Iowa because usually my signal would go right over them. Well a couple weeks ago I got a contact with a big contesting group in Iowa and they are like 15 miles from me! I got them on 20 meter if I remember correctly. You never know when a contact is going to work out.

I have 15 States left for my WAS. I have a few in LoTW that I'm waiting on confirmation for but several I have not contacted at all yet.

Definitely get the ball rolling on your LoTW account. As mentioned above it's not terrible to do but it takes some time and isn't the easiest thing to get going. Once it's done though you don't have to mess with it again and if you use a program like Ham Radio Deluxe than uploading your contacts is usually as easy as hitting a button.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto on this, Emoto. I made all kinds of contacts in IN for the first time and also all over New England since they’re doing a QSO party too. I wasn’t sure what the exchange was at first either, but I just listened and picked up on the detail when other states answered their call.

The last two days have been the busiest I’ve ever seen the 20 and 40 bands. Last night there was a QSO party out west too. OR, WA, WY, AZ, etc. and I made some contacts out there. There were a few callers looking for specific “Area 7” contacts so I couldn’t answer those. Just have to listen to see if they specify a particular area.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ditto on this, Emoto. I made all kinds of contacts in IN for the first time and also all over New England since they’re doing a QSO party too. I wasn’t sure what the exchange was at first either, but I just listened and picked up on the detail when other states answered their call.

The last two days have been the busiest I’ve ever seen the 20 and 40 bands. Last night there was a QSO party out west too. OR, WA, WY, AZ, etc. and I made some contacts out there. There were a few callers looking for specific “Area 7” contacts so I couldn’t answer those. Just have to listen to see if they specify a particular area.

Good luck!
View Quote

Very cool about all the contacts! I am still taking it slow, listening more than trying to talk, though I did make a couple of contacts last night on 20m and 40m, with guys looking for New England contacts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's a good list, great job! There are some tough States you want to keep an eye out for like North and South Dakota and Alaska.
View Quote

I heard a guy from Alaska last night answering a "7 Land" QSO party request, but I didn't try to contact him due to the contester already doing his thing on that frequency.

I added Texas and Florida this morning -- had long QSO's with both guys -- so that puts me at 16 states in 24 hours.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Your original dipole length should have been a little lower than the 15m band, probably would have tuned with the rig tuner if 15 would have been open
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Maybe if I start buying HF equipment that will get my butt moving on it. lol
View Quote

That's what I did. Bought a whole set up, got to listening and then got my general.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Way to go! Now you're hooked.
Incidentally, here's what an IC-7300 SWR plot shoiuld look like.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Added New York a moment ago -- guy was S9+30 and he had me S9+10 with my "speaker" wire, so I was pleased to have an extended QSO with him. Also made contact with IU3BTY in Italy and S57DX in Slovenia. I've been trying to bust a pile-up with a guy in Spain, but have been unsuccessful so far.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Added New York a moment ago -- guy was S9+30 and he had me S9+10 with my "speaker" wire, so I was pleased to have an extended QSO with him. Also made contact with IU3BTY in Italy and S57DX in Slovenia. I've been trying to bust a pile-up with a guy in Spain, but have been unsuccessful so far.
View Quote

That's pretty cool. I managed to make contact with a guy in Germany on 20M just a little bit ago. That was my first overseas contact. Very exciting!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's pretty cool. I managed to make contact with a guy in Germany on 20M just a little bit ago. That was my first overseas contact. Very exciting!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome! I heard a guy from Germany (DH1TT) earlier today on 20M, but he was calling for New England states only.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I heard a guy from Alaska last night answering a "7 Land" QSO party request, but I didn't try to contact him due to the contester already doing his thing on that frequency.

I added Texas and Florida this morning -- had long QSO's with both guys -- so that puts me at 16 states in 24 hours.
View Quote

I just worked W9WOO in Indy on 20m with 100w and my 20m dipole. Signals were 42 both directions, but a QSL is a QSL.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 5:51:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I just worked W9WOO in Indy on 20m with 100w and my 20m dipole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just worked W9WOO in Indy on 20m with 100w and my 20m dipole.

Well, we just might have to coordinate a time and frequency so that I can get a hard one like Alaska knocked out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:12:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Awesome! I heard a guy from Germany (DH1TT) earlier today on 20M, but he was calling for New England states only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha! That was the guy I spoke with. I am in a New England state, so even though he was far away, I figured why not try. I had not had any luck getting a guy in VT and another in MD to hear me (both looking for NE States), so was pretty surprised and delighted when he came back right away with my call sign.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ha! That was the guy I spoke with. I am in a New England state, so even though he was far away, I figured why not try. I had not had any luck getting a guy in VT and another in MD to hear me (both looking for NE States), so was pretty surprised and delighted when he came back right away with my call sign.
View Quote

You lucky dog! I really wanted to add him to my list, but he was very specific as to whom he wanted to contact.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You lucky dog! I really wanted to add him to my list, but he was very specific as to whom he wanted to contact.
View Quote

Check out his QRZ page.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#50]
My little wire hanging low in a tree has made a few DX contacts tonight -- Spain, Portugal, Chile, and Italy, and Cuba.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top