Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2020 3:33:22 PM EDT
So this home I'm looking to buy has a 100-yard driveway it's the only clear spot everything else is packed out with mesquite and cactuses!

We have a Husky mix and we are worried he might use the driveway to escape or run out to the road. So I have been trying to find out ideas to make a temporary dog fence for the driveway.

We want to buy a gate yet it might not be something we can do for a year or so. So I'm looking for ideas rest of the land has 25+ yards thick brush and I don't think he is going to want to go through it. Just the driveway that is a clear path.

Maybe a cheap two post fence with a 4-foot wire across. No, the husky mix is not a jumper but a puller yes. Thanks for the advice and help!
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The only thing I tried was a wireless shock collar. The home station worked out to about 150' away. It dropped the area my dogs could run the yard but I never had to worry about them busting through the gate when I was coming or going.

After a few months, I turned the machine off, left the collars on, and they stayed inside the boundary. They know.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Husky very stubborn, smart and the shock collar we attempted to train him with did not work even on the level 10.

He gets into his hunter mode and just wants to chase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top