Pics to follow this afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Is icon the off brand Icom? Lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations! So when are you taking for the mountains (or what passes for mountains in FL)? And what are you going to use for an antenna?

QRP is a heck of a lot of fun. It's even more fun when you operate CW.

ETA: My QRP rig. Kind of long in the tooth by today's standards, but still a pleasure to operate.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations! So when are you taking for the mountains (or what passes for mountains in FL)? And what are you going to use for an antenna?

QRP is a heck of a lot of fun. It's even more fun when you operate CW.
View Quote

I’m currently sitting atop one of the highest pints I t he state at 308’asl
As for antenna I have a comet multi band “toy box” and a rh770 for vhf etc
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're into DIY, why not try a portable tape measure Yagi. It'll greatly improve the range over verticals and takedown/assembly is only a matter of moments. There are numerous plans online.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
" />
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats purdy!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome! Look forward to hearing your thoughts. I'd like to get one eventually.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very nice!!!!

Which vendor did you buy it from?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gigaparts
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 12:31:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Impressions?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 3:52:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Crap basic manual...they should have supplied the advanced manual instead of having to download a pdf.
From time to time I feel a cheat sheet wouldn’t be a bad idea given the multiple capabilities of this radio.
Haven’t really used it yet on HF except as a shortwave receiver, which it does well.
2 meter and 70cm work great with decent range and good audio and signal reports.
I currently have it living in a maxpedition proteus bag...along with a bioenno 12v lipo4 battery and a comet toy box hf antenna kit strapped to the bag.
Dstar...something I’m still digging through but having difficulty with local repeaters/gateways
Display is great and is usable even in Florida’s sunshine.
I have a stand/antenna mount on the way from windcamp
Supplied battery life is about 4 hours...of course that’s also depending on transmitting etc.
I like it so far...no atu isn’t as big a handicap as I assumed given the antenna choice..but I do need more time on hf .
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Following for more reports. I have been thinking getting a KX2 or the IC705. So far leaning to the IC 705 due to it’s versatility and resemblance to the IC 7300 which I have been very happy with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top