Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2020 9:32:48 PM EDT
I know this must have been asked a billion times. I am looking for a good IFAK pouch and/or kit. The primary concern is NOT MADE IN CHINA and compact size, able to carry TQ, bandages, NP airway, gloves, space blanket, decomp needle and maybe a small tube of saline.

A complete or semi-complete kit is fine too. I'm kind of overwhelmed by the options.

Link me bro's!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered one from dark angel medical.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
North American Rescue has 25% off some of their kits right now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered two through Dark Angel and they sent me a receipt for my HSA so I can get reimbursed
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.bearindependent.com/first-aid-kits

I don't own one, but I listen to his podcast and he preaches it's all American made.

Just crunching #'s in my head for what you get I don't think it's a terrible deal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:13:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m not a fan of buying premade kits although that’s an option. My reasoning is......you can make one and tailor it to your needs. Premade kits have to satisfy a wide range of people and often have a lot of stuff you don’t need. Also, if you don’t have any training on some of the equipment in the various kits out there, it’s pointless to pay for equipment you won’t/can’t use.

I understand your desire to avoid made in China but that really limits yourself unfortunately. I’ll post a link to my favorite small and medium kit bags. All can be found in various colors. I carry the small bags in ATVs and the larger bags get hung on the driver’s seat back.

I also buy various size small ziplock type bags on eBay and pack all the bandages and bandaids into bags to help protect them and keep them dust free.

Tourniquet holder

Small first aid kit bag

Mid size bag

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#8]
How compact?

Throw in a space blanket and carrying in jeans won't happen.

Cargo pocket? Probably.  

The coyote tactical link above looks like a good start, never used them.  

My "pocket" kit is a 14g needle, combat guaze and SWAT-T tourniquet... though I don't trust it much.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Take a look here, you can buy pre assembled kits or build your own.

Medical Gear Outfitters
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Here’s another option using a similar bag as the one I make kits with. There’s a few things in this kit I probably wouldn’t bother having but it still looks like a good kit.

https://mymedic.com/collections/first-aid-kits?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI87SW6Lj46wIVjIbACh1VVAcoEAAYASAAEgLpo_D_BwE

My Medic MyFAK - First Aid Kit Review

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just ordered two through Dark Angel and they sent me a receipt for my HSA so I can get reimbursed
View Quote

Has you submitted it for HSA reimbursement yet?  How did it go?  I've wanted to use mine for some CAT's but am hesitant to roll the dice and have the bean counters reject the claim.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like this kit from Spartan Armor Systems:

Spartan IFAK

It comes with a SWAT instead of a CAT, but they sell an Advanced IFAK that does include the CAT.

I have the above kit attached to my range bag.

I carry this kit from FieldCraft Survival when I am hiking or mountain biking:  Hunt/Outdoor Kit

Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Use code prepare25, for 25% off at north american rescue fyi if you wanna try to grab some extra gear
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Has you submitted it for HSA reimbursement yet?  How did it go?  I've wanted to use mine for some CAT's but am hesitant to roll the dice and have the bean counters reject the claim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My HSA(Health Equity) doesn’t seem to give a ?? as long as I have a receipt for medical stuff
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I know this must have been asked a billion times. I am looking for a good IFAK pouch and/or kit. The primary concern is NOT MADE IN CHINA and compact size, able to carry TQ, bandages, NP airway, gloves, space blanket, decomp needle and maybe a small tube of saline.

A complete or semi-complete kit is fine too. I'm kind of overwhelmed by the options.

Link me bro's!
View Quote

Well it's good you asked it because I need to find a couple new ones myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top