Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2018 9:31:35 PM EDT
MOST of us know this and do the right thing.

One of the responsibilities we have as hams is to help other hams out.

Some of us collect paper, some don't.

Some are going for awards, some are not.

The hobby is different things to different people, still ALL of us have a responsibility.

It is the responsibility of the person that needs a QSL card to send the an SASE or for DX the proper postage and an SAE. These are the rules.

It is also the responsibility of EVERY ham to respond to every ham in a timely manner that plays by the rules and provides postage. A card is not needed, but a written proof of QSO is. A note is sufficient.

Another thing.

If a guy is CQing a specific whatever it is bad form to answer him unless you ARE the specific whatever...UNLESS you need him for an award.

If you are the CQing station and someone specifies he needs you for an award it is good juju to reply even if it is not what/where you are looking for.

If someone is CQing for a specific whatever and you are not what he is looking for then leave him alone.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
And Use the Band Plan

It's amazing how many morons talk on 14.228 being to
dumb to realize that 14.230 is the Main SSTV Frequency.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And Use the Band Plan

It's amazing how many morons talk on 14.228 being to
dumb to realize that 14.230 is the Main SSTV Frequency.
View Quote
I've said for a long time that the ARRL, Icom or whatever band chart with the license class limits should have common bandplan frequencies listed, like the SSTV, the Maritime net, 40m county hunters, etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've said for a long time that the ARRL, Icom or whatever band chart with the license class limits should have common bandplan frequencies listed, like the SSTV, the Maritime net, 40m county hunters, etc.
View Quote
This too.

I for one have been guilty of shitting on these by mistake.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
CW is permitted anywhere in any band where the licensee has privileges. I've heard folks chew out a CW op because they were "outside the CW band".
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The whole point of bandplans is not what is "permitted", but trying to keep different types of activity from conflicting with one another.

SSTV is allowed anywhere in the voice and image subbands. Data modes are allowed anywhere in the data subbands. It makes everyones life easier if SSTV isn't scattered everywhere across the voice band, and people don't use the CW DX section for FT8.

There are still conflicts, but the bandplans keep at least a semblance of order.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#6]
But hey, we need to lower the requirements further so we have more traffic...
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
This way, the whole 75 meter band will be "posted". LOL. It seems like any time I try to call CQ on that band, someone breaks in 10 minutes later and claims the frequency as being the official "Joe & Bubba" net. LOL.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Goddam no codes messing everything up.

brundoggie-just another no code Ham ruining the hobby
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well thats the problem isn't it. More people = more QRM, and its either because they don't know, or more likely IMO because they don't care. Both are problem IMO. Especially on the Dig sections of the bands. My favorite are the jackwagons running 100+W into a beam and using PSK31 wiping out the waterfall anytime they TX... Of course its no problem for them...
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well thats the problem isn't it. More people = more QRM, and its either because they don't know, or more likely IMO because they don't care. Both are problem IMO. Especially on the Dig sections of the bands. My favorite are the jackwagons running 100+W into a beam and using PSK31 wiping out the waterfall anytime they TX... Of course its no problem for them...
View Quote
Where is my like button...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top