Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2019 10:23:55 PM EDT
Hey everyone!
My original post was around April this year.  I never thought I would have bought a boat.  After moving to Florida 4 years ago, I started giving it more thought.  I thought about a mud boat, then a flats boat and back to a mud boat.  An arfcomner from Florida told me to get what I wanted so me and my 13 year old could spend even more time together.  Well, as you are about to see I got what I wanted a few months ago.  
Honestly, so far I have not ever thought about changing anything or doing anything different to this boat.  Oh yes, I paid and will be paying for quite awhile.  However, look at my boat and my boy and tell me what kind of decision I made.  God has been good to me and after retiring at 50, 2 years ago, Lord willing, my son and I will have a lot more time in it together.

Gator Trax
GT. 18X54 w/hunt deck
Mud Buddy Anniversary 40hp with a beast kit upgrade for about 13 more HP.
75% fishing and 25% hunting

So far we have caught reds and snook on the flats and bass in the lakes.
My son has shot several gar and his first duck recently.  He lucked out and it had a band on it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Great update!

Make the memories now my friend, the kids grow up fast.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s great dad!
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:
Great update!

Make the memories now my friend, the kids grow up fast.
View Quote
That is the honest to God truth! Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice boat.

I keep telling my wife we need one like that for getting out on the shallow lakes for berry picking/hunting.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful, when you get my age these pics will be among your most valuable treasures.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top