Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2018 10:27:50 PM EDT
Retail price is around $400.  I found it on ebay for $145.

Until now my grail tent was a toss up between the military ICS tent because of it's neat door design and the Eureka Midori 2 because of it's vestibule and 18" collapsed poles.

The LF1 is essentially three shelters:

1. Enclosed bug net with frame
2. Regular one person tent with two vestibules
3. Framed fly with groundsheet; the HastyHooch (where you can still use the two vestibules)

Included: bug net inner w bathtub floor, fly w two vestibules, groundsheet, tent pegs, repair kit, stuff sacks

WEIGHT: ~ 5.0 to 5.5 lbs, all of it.

The frame/poles collapses to about 16".  Awesome.

Note where the vestibule zipper starts; down in the corner.  This is fantastic.  The Eureka vestibule unzips out at the staking point .  Good luck reaching ALL the way out there OVER or AROUND all the stuff you have occupying the vestibule area.

Both sides can be configured as shown the below

Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Any time you are talking about hiking tents you have to add the weight specs.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
About 5.5 pounds.

It was too light for the bathroom scale so I weighed myself and then myself holding the tent system
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
About 5.5 pounds.

It was too light for the bathroom scale so I weighed myself and then myself holding the tent system
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About 5.5 pounds.

That is a little heavy but it looks nice though
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a REI one man that looks similar that is 3.5lb.  That is too heavy for a 1 man IMO.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 1:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Right on, if it has the features you are wanting.  I went through an evolution in tents, went fron a dome style eureka to a golite sl5 mid to an A-frame Warbonnet superfly that I had zippers installed in and have moved from that to a cuben MLD solomid. But i realize what works for me doesnt work for others.  Kudos finding what works for you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll also have to say that’s a little heavy.  My one man is a big agnes rattlesnake.  I could get lighter but I wanted the durability.  Only one vestibule but a big selling point is length.  It is over 90 inches and I’m 6’3”.  Most one person tents are only a few inches longe than me.  Your purchase price is fantastic .
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Very close design(probably inspired) by the MSR Hubba.  Best tent ever.  Weighs 2.7 lbs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
About 5.5 pounds.

That's real heavy for a "thru-hike" tent.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice design but a tad on the heavy side. Im para hammock and bivy kind of guy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks like a damn nice tent.

I think I may be a ultralight weight fag with my Titanium Goat Vertex 5 weighing in at 37 ounces.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I like the design, I use a similar design from Tarptent (Notch), although it's not free standing and I use my trekking poles to reduce weight (28oz).  Tarptent is tempting me with a Dyneema fabric version that weighs 19oz...not bad for a four-season (moderate winter) tent with a ton of versatility.

For the OPs tent, it may be a little heavy, but it 's a robust design.  It's nice to have the options for pitching it.  For cooler, non-buggy weather, I really like pitching my tent without the netting.  You get great airflow and easy access, but it's still fully capable of handling a good rain (I do dig the tent trenches to avoid ground water entering).

Conversely, having the hot, summer option (with no chance of rain, desert locations) to set up with just the bug net for maximum airflow is excellent as well.

Good pick up and great deal.  Enjoy!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's real heavy for a "thru-hike" tent.
View Quote
Did i miss where he said he got it for a thru-hike?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did i miss where he said he got it for a thru-hike?
View Quote
Nope, that's why I didn't want to comment on purpose as it seems the OP has his own requirements, and I doubt it's for a thru-hike...but it's still a decent tent.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#14]
2 lbs is a bottle of water, if it works for you, use it. Ultralight snobs be damned.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nope, that's why I didn't want to comment on purpose as it seems the OP has his own requirements, and I doubt it's for a thru-hike...but it's still a decent tent.
View Quote
Agreed, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.
Depending on what I am doing I am going to lean more towards a heavier tent than my mld solomid.  My grail tent for mountain goat hunting up here would be a 2 man hilleberg black label the lowest weight on them is 6lbs I believe. Its heavy and being packed in a long ways but if I am running the risk of having hells fury in winter form thrown at me I want something I know is going to stand up to it and be liveable.

ETA: according the the lightfighter website the packed weight is 4.6 lbs
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I run a Snugpak Ionosphere 1 man.

It is 3.3 pounds. Even at 3.3#s, that is not the lightest, but it is a great tent and works perfectly for my uses. 5+ pounds would be fine if it was a 4 season.

As a bonus, when camping on the enduro, when I want to I can pretty much slide in between some trees someplace and disappear from view. Ride 50 yards off a dirt road into the forest and nobody ever knows you are there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#17]
6 moons trekker 25oz...new 240.00..I got it used excellent condition for 120.00 on a gear trader
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#18]
5lbs.....That's a heavy bitch.

Buy a 15 ounce MLD SOLOMID and call it done. The SOLOMID will actually stand up to high winds and snow unlike that contraption. It's the only TARP or Tent to be used successfully on the full Alaska thru hike by Andrew Skurka.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a REI one man that looks similar that is 3.5lb.  That is too heavy for a 1 man IMO.
View Quote
This. Thats the weight of a 2 man plus footprint..
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
5lbs.....That's a heavy bitch.

Buy a 15 ounce MLD SOLOMID and call it done. The SOLOMID will actually stand up to high winds and snow unlike that contraption. It's the only TARP or Tent to be used successfully on the full Alaska thru hike by Andrew Skurka.
View Quote
Bibler-style tents are highly regarded in mountaineering, stake out the 4 corners then get in & set the poles. With no guyout points the Lightfighter is obviously not an alpine tent, but seeing as the OP is in FL the sheltered setup will be nice in the daily thunderstorms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top