Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2022 2:30:01 PM EDT
Florida most of the time.  Something that will shed water and keep me dry.  Spring, Summer and Fall.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of these at the Navy Exchange 25 years ago when I working Coat and Tie in Violent crimes. Best rain coat ever, think trench coat with zip out lining. Thin enough for warm weather. I bought the single breasted

https://www.armynavysales.com/black-all-weather-rain-coat-mc103-410.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
whatever your local fishing guides are using.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's a hard-shell, make sure you get one with pit zips! The humidity won't allow "breathable" rainwear like Gore-Tex. Hard shells work best, but if it's humid, you'll "wet-out", even if cooler.  I've found pit-zips are the best feature for rainwear here in the Southeast.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's a hard-shell, make sure you get one with pit zips! The humidity won't allow "breathable" rainwear like Gore-Tex. Hard shells work best, but if it's humid, you'll "wet-out", even if cooler.  I've found pit-zips are the best feature for rainwear here in the Southeast.  

ROCK6
View Quote
Absolutely concur!  Having some additional, shielded venting/mesh, such as covered vents in the chest and upper back areas might also be useful, in addition to the pit-zips.   Being able to fasten the storm flap intermittently and NOT to have the usual front zipper fastened also helps venting. The ability to have "open" (venting) sleeve cuffs also useful--tighten/close the cuffs as required.  Suggest lightest color compatible with your purposes due to heat and so forth. Conformable hoods also highly useful, and a neck/collar that closes-up tight, independent of the hood, if possible, also highly useful.  That's where the upper torso vents and pit-zips really pay off.

If possible, get appropriate rain pants at the same time.  Buy some with a waistband that can be cinched tight, or left loose, and always try to use them with a loose waist and suspenders.  The loose waist and loose (but cinchable) leg cuffs will let your legs breathe into the jacket, where the vents in the jacket will take care of things.   Lengthy side zippers on legs make donning/doffing with footgear worn much easier.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Rock6 knows of what he speaks.
Pit zips are the best thing since  red beans for cowboys!
Barney
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Marmot Pre Cip ,
its lightweight with pit zips and an OR Foray little heavier , more durable with pit zips that go all the way to waistline .I like both of them.

Both around $100 right now, only because OR is having some sales online.

OR Foray
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the input and suggestions.   Got the Foray.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Any other suggestions for a Gore-Tex camo pattern?

I want something that will hold up to hard use.  And I'm looking for a light weight set and a cold weather set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top