Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 3:41:41 PM EDT
-

Upland brush is generally thorns, thistles, razor grass, anything that latches onto clothing and can otherwise tear it up.

link to jacket: https://leaf.arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/alpha-jacket-gen-2

-
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had my leaf alpha for about 4 years and while the DWR has worn off, the jacket has held up very well. I dont think of it being indestructible like a heavy weight carhart. But I have been impressed several times where I was sure I was going to find punctures and the thorns or barb wire just skated off the fabric.

What makes it even better is I paid $100 dollars for the jacket because the arcteryx outlet nearby used to always have LEAF items and it was an 80% off black Friday deal.

I have a non leaf alpha SV that I have lived in for many days in the mountains and it similarly has been a fantastic jacket. I think I paid 200 for the SV on another black Friday outlet deal.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for Arc durability. I've had my Drac for four years now, and it's seen everything from hiking in Denali to hunting in central MT to deployed environments in the desert, and the only reason you can't tell it's brand new is because the velcro on the sleeves has clearly been used. Thorns, branches, desert scrub, random spiky plants, whatever. The LEAF line is built to last.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a 40d shell.  It's a light fabric.  Half the weight of that shell is pockets and zippers and velcro.

The Beta SV is double the fabric weight/durability and a couple ounces lighter.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top