Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2020 7:41:21 PM EDT
In most contests like the ARRL DX CW contest, I copy by ear, and send mostly by rig keyer.

If needed, I use a single paddle key with the Icom rig's internal keyer to answer unique questions and so on.

Below is a quick demo of using the internal Morse code keyer in my Icom IC-7610 transceiver, before using any software like N1MM.

V47T, in the Saint Kitts and Nevis Island in the Caribbean, is calling CQ TEST in the ARRL DX CW contest.

Using the programmable internal Icom IC-7610 virtual buttons in which I programmed my callsign (NW7US) and other info, I answer and make a complete contest QSO.  My answer is just a touch on the transceiver touchscreen, where the button is drawn.

In activity like the Straight Key Century Club (SKCC) yearly special event, K3Y, my receiving and sending is all manual.  I send with a WWII Navy Flameproof Signal Key, and decode with my ears.  See, it is contextual for me.

How about you?  During contests: In what manner do you decode CW Morse code?  How do you send it?

Quick Demo: IC-7610 Internal Morse Code Keyer in ARRL DX CW Contest 2020

73 de NW7US dit dit
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still learning code.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
if fldigi can't, i go back to js8. can't get the noise little enough to be able to overcome bad wetware.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I look at that little code coin I got off eBay.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
i don't
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't ... yet
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I did contesting once, not including any SKCC events I may have taken part in.

Pretty sure I used my Bencher paddle, but that was in 2011.

I've been absent from the hobby for a long time and trying to get the rust out of code.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I copy in my head and use my logger to transmit. If I need a fill, I hit F6 and can type an arbitrary message.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Frank,

Nice station.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I copy in my head and use my logger to transmit. If I need a fill, I hit F6 and can type an arbitrary message.
View Quote
What do you use for logging?
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
N1MM most of the time. Occasionally WriteLog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top