Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2021 10:17:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dayphotog]
I finally finished the bridge and trails on my property to access most of it. Found a great campsite location. In one direction it's about 1/4 from the nearest road and all other directs well over a mile or two. I want a semi/ permanent   camp.
I'm thinking canvas tent with wood stove.

Prices on those canvas tents making me think semi permanent. I need a wood stove and that is really it. Oh and room for at least two cots.

reason for the tent was that I wouldn't have to worry about critters on the off season living in it.

Not sure though and looking for ideas.

my days of living in the PNW and using NWD packs, 800 fill down bags, and go fast gear are over.

I want a cot, wood stove, and my coffee!

kinda thinking this vs the cost of the canvas tent

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 2:20:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arcwn] [#1]
I use a GStove for my hot tent.  
They make a larger one as well.  Heavy but bomb proof construction.
My tent is just a 2 person backpacking hot tent, so I don't have a suggestion  there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 2:37:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tc556guy] [#2]
There's a guy in Youtube who drags his broken-down cabin to whatever site he pre-selected on a sledge towed by a snowmobile in the winter. The cabin is basically all pre-assembled and the pieces all slide together in very little time. I'll have to go through my subscriptions and see if I can find the account, but that sort of thing would be interesting to replicate for the sort of thing you're describing

Here you go

"Pop-Up" Cabin Designed to be Built in a Single Day - Ep 1
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
This guy built one smaller then the above post.

"The Outsider"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChehL6PYmucEHUS6g2LVFGA
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ruffhowzer:
This guy built one smaller then the above post.

"The Outsider"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChehL6PYmucEHUS6g2LVFGA
View Quote
Same YTer?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm kicking this around as well.  What type of tent does everyone have?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're going to go with canvas tent of some sort build a platform to get it off the ground.  Putting a tarp over it will also help protect it as well as help keep it a little cooler.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a canvas tent but really want a mini wood cabin type. the stove I got is great and I can't wait to use again this winter
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 10x14' shed that I am slowly converting into a cabin type retreat. It's not quite the size I wanted, but it was existing on the property when I took over. Perfect for me, I am a family
of four. My wife and I and two young boys. We camp often there (mostly tents and hammocks outside). Currrntly we use the cabin/shed as a getaway from storms and for some cooking.

Attachment Attached File

Don't have a most up to date photo, but imagine a 15 lite door and a deck built on the porch. There is a narrow 4 burner propane stover/oven, sink, and a double bunk bed inside. Suits me fine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dayphotog:
I got a canvas tent but really want a mini wood cabin type. the stove I got is great and I can't wait to use again this winter
View Quote
What Oz?
10,12 or heavier.

Our moose hunting tent we took for years is a 12oz.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Just one link for it, but these have been heavily tested:  Russian bear tent.  They make them for all the way down to 2 people, lots of YouTube reviews.  I want one but they are like $2500 and I can't justify that for the camping I do.  Just an option.

I could also do a structure like the one you showed, would be fairly easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top