Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 12:07:59 PM EDT

What are the must haves for a EU3000is?   Anything to make it better?   I have a few spare filters and plugs for it, but it there anything else that I should be looking at?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
if its designed like the EU2000 - the oild drain extender makes less of an oil change mess

a propane conversion from US Carb is nice to have so you dont have to stock pile gas cans.   Their kits does not require drilling a hole in the carb.  It took longer to figure out where I wanted to mount the regulator than do the actual conversion.

I added the metal bars across the handle to resist theft by just cutting the handle.

B
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
An hour meter makes tracking when you should do your next oil change easier.

I don’t know about the EU3000 but by EU2000 doesn’t have an oil filter so I added one of the magnetic dip sticks.  Can’t hurt.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd recommend two things..

1) a Carb.  At one time people rebuilt carbs.  In all honesty it hardly seems worthwhile. In many cases an entire new replacement carburetor is often dirt cheap ($20-30).  Having a spare in a box on the shelf is a great idea.

2) Low oil sensor.  Not sure your Honda has one, but I've had them crap out on competing products.  Not expensive, but when they go, your gen won't run.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you guys for the great ideas.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

2) Low oil sensor.  Not sure your Honda has one, but I've had them crap out on competing products.  Not expensive, but when they go, your gen won't run.
View Quote

Good call.   My Generac just failed its self test because of a bad oil pressure sensor.   I picked up a spare when I replaced it.  

2HUT8
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]
A cover to allow use during pouring rain.  I bought this, and it worked to keep the house lights. fans and electronics running while raining after Hurricane Delta knocked our power out.  Liked it so much, I bought another for my EU2200i used with my camper.  Pricey, but it's supposed to be rated for 70mph winds.  Instructions are skimpy, but the installation videos are very helpful, and it is simple to put on and take off after you do it once.

https://www.gentent.com/GenTent-10k-XKi-p/gt10kxkitb.htm
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd recommend two things..

1) a Carb.  At one time people rebuilt carbs.  In all honesty it hardly seems worthwhile. In many cases an entire new replacement carburetor is often dirt cheap ($20-30).  Having a spare in a box on the shelf is a great idea.
View Quote

The factory carb runs $140, where are you finding a decent replacement unit that cheap?  That would be great to keep as a spare.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The factory carb runs $140, where are you finding a decent replacement unit that cheap?  That would be great to keep as a spare.
View Quote

Those cheap carbs are Chinese aftermarket. Some work fine. Some never work at all. They have poor quality control. Personally, if the generator isn’t converted to propane, I’d keep a couple carb kits on hand. Carbs are easy to clean and replace common wear parts and I’d much rather have a genuine Honda carb on my Honda generator than any aftermarket.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a tri-fuel kit, but it is not installed.  I want the option to use it should I need it just like the generator.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Had issues with my 12 yr old eu3000 this past September.

So I Installed a new Honda carb ($90) and fuel filter.  Found out the filter in the tank can get clogged up easily due to using ethanol gas.

Only using real gas from now on.

Have a spare carb and fuel filter would be my suggestion besides a spark plug, air filter, and oil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top