Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2022 9:55:33 AM EDT
Anyone here using a 10inch CMMG 10mm pistol or sbr to hunt hogs ?? Wanted some feedback on ballistics out of the longer barrel… and how the CMMG is running.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:27:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Steamedliver] [#1]
I’ll assume you don’t know about this website.  Use it.  I have a chrono and I only tested a couple of data points and they were exceptionally close, so I assume (yes, I know the ramifications of assuming) the rest of the data is reasonable.

Specifically to the CMMG 10mm, I do not know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 1:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#2]
Personally id rather use a bunch of other calibers for hogs than 10mm. 10mm is ok / decent  for a hip carried  handgun, and i carry a glock 20 and 40 all the time, but if your toting a ar15 sized pistol there are much better rounds to use to give you more power / range / penetration, etc.

Of course hog size makes a difference.in caliber / rounds needed. Javelina are easy kills with 10mm, while russian boars definitely need more power.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Just seems like a nice lightweight compact package with a lot of firepower on tap depending on your mag capacity.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I killed a smallish (120 lb) hog last month with a G29 with  Trijicon RMR.  200 grn fmj just under the ear at 30ish yards.  10mm will do the job.

I'm going to try a Mech Tech on a G20 frame later this month with 220 grn Buffalo Bore hardcast.  I would be comfortable out to 100 yards with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top