Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2019 9:04:10 PM EDT
My kids are old enough to sit by themselves and they pound enough deer for 5 families to eat.  That leaves me to find something else to shoot.  We have a deep stand that has 700 yds one way and 500 the other.  The deer usually ride the edge but the pigs are everywhere.  We have set it up as a long range bring what you think you can do stand.

The set up.

Attachment Attached File

On sale at Cabelas, it was hard to beat.  Table rest on a swivel.  I am running a RRA .308 modded with IOR 9x36 glass and Barnes bullets.

I was able to drop two pigs at 415 yards over Thanksgiving.  My youngest(14) missed a nice sow at 700 yds.  I spotted and called but he felt that he held low.  Judging by the dust, he was just low.

Attachment Attached File

The shot he missed.

Attachment Attached File

Up close and personnel is fun, but shooting way the hell out has added a new window to hunting.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks like a blast! I'll get into this someday. Lately I've been shooting them from about 0 to 100 yards or so in the dark, which is also a hoot.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How Cool Is That!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one to stretch a poke on a pig. Great shot OP. I hope your kid connects next time. I like the oxbow food plot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Few years back I saw a video (posted on Savage Shooters) of a guy whacking down pigs at 1200 yards with 300 Edge.

Really comes down to the right shooter, with the right bullet and conditions.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Few years back I saw a video (posted on Savage Shooters) of a guy whacking down pigs at 1200 yards with 300 Edge.

Really comes down to the right shooter, with the right bullet and conditions.
View Quote
Man that's some skill they are almost perpetual motion. I'd hate to guess how much a feeding pig moves in that distance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top