Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2018 9:49:49 AM EDT
Figured I look into it.

Anyone call hogs? If so, what do you use?

Tips, tricks, etc. appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]
IPhone?

HogPro app + a good Bluetooth speaker. I've been experimenting with it, we can try it sometime soon! I should have some free time coming up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IPhone?

HogPro app + a good Bluetooth speaker. I've been experimenting with it, we can try it sometime soon! I should have some free time coming up.
View Quote
I've been looking at the Bullet HO from Convergent Hunting Solutions.

My next two weekends are spoken for, I'll be off training with Robert "Bob" Keller. After that, I'd love to take you out on the ranch and hunt up some pigs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've been looking at the Bullet HO from Convergent Hunting Solutions.

My next two weekends are spoken for, I'll be off training with Robert "Bob" Keller. After that, I'd love to take you out on the ranch and hunt up some pigs.
View Quote
That’s HogPro. It’s easier to find in your app section under HogPro. I really, really like it. I’ve tried it on 3 different BT speakers and found it’s gotta be a good speaker to sound realistic. If you don’t have one I can bring mine and you can mess with it.

Yea I really need to work the days out and run them by you. I’ve had a lot going on but work is starting to slow down. I’m hoping that trend continues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Figured I look into it.

Anyone call hogs? If so, what do you use?

Tips, tricks, etc. appreciated.
View Quote
Seems relevant: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Outdoors/Calling-in-hogs-from-300yds-away-using-Bluetooth-speaker/9-691525/
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My partner was doing a piglet in distress call.  He stops after a few minutes and starts putting up his gear, making clanking noises as he puts his caller and rifle back into his electric buggy.  I am going Hush, a sow is coming.  Him, having a hearing loss says in a normal voice What, What?  No way that sow could have not heard us, but kept coming in, and I shot her.  It was at night.

The call has been tried a couple of times more with no results.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I just stalk them. So I guess my tip is don’t do it...
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I don’t get to hunt often but I got a convergent hog called setup. I can say with %100 certainty it doesn’t scare them away and I’m pretty sure it helps. 3/4 setups I had hogs come in. I got a double and called a bit with baby pig squeals and got a coyote. I’m a fan, very easy to use.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don’t get to hunt often but I got a convergent hog called setup. I can say with %100 certainty it doesn’t scare them away and I’m pretty sure it helps. 3/4 setups I had hogs come in. I got a double and called a bit with baby pig squeals and got a coyote. I’m a fan, very easy to use.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top